a weekends observations

SteveD

yup i have lost count of the times i have undertaken people when towing ,when you do undertake they either see there A*** and start beeping and gesturing or 90% are oblivious to you undertaking them and nothing clicks to say move over numpty

The problem is it is illegal unless you can quote the slower moving lane traffic which is allowed  or numpty hogging the lane your honour. Given up waiting for them to move over if you are towing the max speed is 60mph for most braked caravans /trailers so to be held up behind Johnny kn*bhead does get frustrating. The biggest problem is if they suddenly veer over and sideswipe you the law would probably side with them. I tend to make my manoeuvre well know and obvious. I am even considering running with my GoPro on every morning as I can see the day coming when the commuter does the deed and takes me out. Defensive driving course to the fore but its a matter of time really.

Bob :)

The problem is it is illegal unless you can quote the slower moving lane traffic which is allowed  or numpty hogging the lane your honour. Given up waiting for them to move over if you are towing the max speed is 60mph for most braked caravans /trailers so to be held up behind Johnny kn*bhead does get frustrating. The biggest problem is if they suddenly veer over and sideswipe you the law would probably side with them. I tend to make my manoeuvre well know and obvious. I am even considering running with my GoPro on every morning as I can see the day coming when the commuter does the deed and takes me out. Defensive driving course to the fore but its a matter of time really.

Bob :)

exacterley what i was thinking today bobster ,sticking a camera on me dash to show motoring numtyness and incase anything happened

Coming up the A9 on Saturday night and just as I'd passed a car on the dual carriageway we passed a tranny (van) parked in the inside lane with one wheel off the road...and no lights. Fair enough he might have had a total failure but he was behind the van looking under it! :o In the dark!

Luckily the car in the inside lane had his wits about him.

Surely if you undertake it must be the fault of the car in the middle lane as they're in the wrong lane? Wouldn't like to try that in court but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Yes, always thought it should be illegal to be undertaken rather than the other way around. I usual just sit beside them for a mile then gradually creap ahead.

Whilst I was doing my trailer test I was told that if I was undertaken I'd fail. This was coming off the infamous 'magic roundabout' onto a 2 lane road where the left lane soon turns into a bus lane.

I had a motorway lesson shortly after I passed my test. To be fair, I think they should be compulsory.

I usual just sit beside them for a mile then gradually creap ahead.

Me too :t-up: