another motoring numpty

SteveD

Yea but that's a little different - when you buy a Corsa you aren't buying a Chinese copy of a Corsa are you?  I would bet some of the components of the Honda-made engine would be made in China but subject to Honda's QC procedures.  So it can only be down to GM's policies/lack of QC not their suppliers' quality issues.  Wherever their suppliers may be.

So where do manufacturers turn to in an effort to drive down costs? Even Honda...! ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stu999

• Stuart

• SteveD

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Well it doesn't just seem to be the car owners that can be numpty's but the actions of some garages can be equally as dangerous.

Once again I picked up a nail in a tyre through my work, so yesterday I popped into the local tyre place (which I don't normally use), in the hope it could be fixed, I wasn't optimistic and sure enough it needed a new tyre. Not a problem but it was one of these garage chains that insist on doing a full check of just about every thing else on the car to try and drum up a bit of extra business and they took it upon themselves to check the pressures in the other tyres whist they were fitting the new one.

The drive home was somewhat interesting... The car felt very light and wandering over the road, and certainly did not inspire any confidence. A check of the pressures once I got in confirmed my suspicions and the spotty faced spanner monkey had inflated them to 37psi compared to VW's recommended 27psi :o no wonder it was all over the place :bangshead: