which class again

skid

my one event last year confused me , the car had acb10s and an aero screen .... group F

Next year ther car will run on slicks but does the windscreen and road going bit change the class ????????:0

how can you be roadgoing on slicks  ???

Any car that runs on slicks will be in the modified non-road going classes  :D  :D

which for the SS is likely to be Class H  :D  :D

You can still have a road-going slick shod car  :D  Wotbox has and he just changes his tyres when he's on the road   :D  Folks in modified use aero-screens, but its your choice.

Remember that all modified slick cars will need an MSA logbook  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  including thoe that are still essentially road legal  ;)

And anything over 2000cc needs the driver to have a National Speed A licence minimum  :)  ;)

And anything over 2000cc needs the driver to have a National Speed A licence minimum  :)  ;)

That's only if it's Racing or Sports Libre methinks. But if you do need a National "A" licence skid you will need to upgrade and have your licence signed by the C of C at 4 National "B" events. How many did you do this year and did you get the signatures.

Your local MSA scrutineer should be able to provide you with a logbook, which he sends off info to MSA so they can register your car - check the small MSA officials booklet that came with your licence last year for your nearest scruter  :D  :D

Nat A licence for over 2000cc cars - It has been known for Westfield drivers of fully modded slick cars over this capacity to produce their Nat A licence  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :(  :(  ;)  If you intend to go that route - get your licence signed and upgraded - tis safer and less open to individual interpretation  ;)  ;)  which does happen a lot with various officials  :(  ;)  :)

Help

I do not want the bother of running on that bl**** tread mill each year just to get my slick shod car on a one lap sprint.

I can go on a track day and drive at the same speed or faster without one.

Is there no other way round a slick shod car than a Nat A?

If your car is below 2000cc you shouldn't need a Nat A licence  :)  ;) e.g 1998cc

If you want to run your car on slicks in any MSA sprint or hillclimb it will need to be entered into Modified Class, non-road-going and as such will need an MSA logbook  ;)  :)

Why not use List 1B tyres for MSA stuff and leave the slicks until an open track day - if you feel it is to much bother  :)

Thank you Mark for such quick and helpful advise,the car will run on slicks and will have a log book then.

Is there a size limit on 1b tyres(just interested)? :)

Is there a size limit on 1b tyres(just interested)?

Nope, you can get any diameter that you want  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D