Factory visit

Stu Faulkner

Visited the factory this weekend.

I built a westfield back in 1999 and spent two years building it so I'm no stranger to the factory but i havent been there for about eight years.

I found it to be familiar as in the feel of the place hasnt changed but the finer things that make all the difference have.

I went through the details of the kit as i'm building an s2000 and it varies slightly in places.

The point of this post is how helpful Simon was and profesional his approach to what I required.

Anyone thinking about a visit should stop thinking and get doing!!

Once again, Thanks Simon. :t-up:  :t-up:

I daren't visit them in case I spend all my endowment money, note to self   -   pay off the mortgage.

and good luck on your S2000 build.

:d  :d   Maybe I'm older and wiser than you,                                                                     second thoughts forget the wiser bit.

it'll all be gone on a monaro won't it Bernie ...... :oops:

That's one amazing car you're got on its way

I was lucky enough to have a few laps of Byton Park in the passenger seat with someone who could drive

That cars a game changer :) :)

Enjoy it

Sorry, didn't know his full name, but yes, the professional was called Jamie.

Never been, having owned the car for half a decade now, I feel I should one day!

I went to the factory about 18 years ago and I loved it - great firm with a passion for what they do :yes:

I visited the factory today to order my SDV kit. Simon made me and swmbo very welcome  - he even brought us out tea + coffee in the best china! We then had a tour of most of the factory whilst people were working, looked at a few of the orders about to be shipped and then sat down to business. At no point did I feel like he was trying to sell me anything. I told him what I was expecting of the car and he gave me some pointers and recommendations.

I appreciate I was there to buy but the whole experience made me so much more confident in buying the kit. I would have no qualms about buying anything else from them - in fact the items that I was buying elsewhere to save a few pennies I will now be buying from the factory.

Hope this helps somebody make the right decision!

Shaun

I always find it a real pleasure visiting the factory and I'd suggest that any owner should take the chance to call in for their spares and parts if they're ever passing by. Russ now has my credit card number well and truely committed to his memory, and helps me to spend every spare penny I earn :oops: