Shake a tail feather

amdaudi

Can anyone tell me if this sounds about right? I have a Vx powered sei running at around 180bhp and an english diff in a westfield alloy housing. The other day I decided (wrong I know!(not big or clever)) to blow away a WRX which had cut me up only moments before. I was in fourth gear with my foot on the floor traveling in a very straight line when the rear end broke away to the right. Once home and I had cleaned myself up I Checked all my bushes and everything seemed ok. I am not a very experienced westfield driver, does this sound the norm? ???

It may not of been the car, it might of been the road surface. This time of year can be a bit hit or miss at the best of times, add a splash of diesel and you could be facing the way you've just been before you can say Sh111te...... :0  :arse:

yep, could be diesel or more likely at this time of year mashed up wet leaves (the sort that stops British Rail running on time)  ;)

A manhole cover could/would do it, even a dry one....

And at the eye level of the average Westfield, diesel (or anti freeze, or most other road contaminant) is practically invisible.......

A manhole cover could/would do it, even a dry one....

And at the eye level of the average Westfield, diesel (or anti freeze, or most other road contaminant) is practically invisible.......

ditto

You could find that it was even the white line in the middle of the road, or even a cats eye.  The white lines are particularily dangerous as they are slightly pourous, and have ballantini in them (small glass beeds) to aid with there reflective properties, but can adversly affect the skid resistance of the road.

mashed up wet leaves (the sort that stops British Rail running on time)

Soap Box Time - When leaves fall on the rail lines, they do one of several things.  Amounst those, they bridge insulated joints in the track which separate the low voltage track circuits which in turn operate the signalling systems, thus causing delays in the passgae of trains alone a particular section of track.  There is a cure for this, and that is for the railways not to care for the enviroment and not line there tracks with trees, thus causing high levels of noise and visual impacts upon the populas, which incidently you lot would complain about too.  There are several more reasons why leaves cause problems, all of which lead to the rail operators acting responsibly and slowing trains to protect the passengers.  

Once, oh a cold wet windy day, I had the displeasure of a young gentleman up in the North Yorkshire Moors ranting and raving because the line was closed, because he'd been told that there were leaves on the line.  He was right, there was, and under normal circumstances would not normally be an issue, however it was the morning after all the storms back in 2001, and I pointed out that leaves weren't the issue, more that the leaves were still attached to the uprooted trees.

OH and British Rail hasn't existed for about 8 years now, so don't go blaiming them either.