Shock Absorbers

steve_m

What's the difference between GAZ, AVO and Nitron ?  (Apart from money and physical weight)

OK, so an AVO is probably better than a GAZ shock and Nitron better still, but what does that mean in real terms, what would I feel as I drive the car ?  

Thanks, Steve

what would I feel as I drive the car

Depends on what you got now as to whether or what improvement, if perhaps any, you would feel  :)

Personally - I use AVO - I find them a very suitable shocker for my purposes and car set-up  ;)  :)

All are re-buildable shocks, unless you can carry out back to back tests on the same car it would difficult to establish which ones are best suited for yourself  ;)  :)

The preferred popular choice amongst SS drivers does seem to be AVO with a small number of other makes such as Leda and Penske.

Not a definitive answer by any means, not sure if there is one  :(  ;)  ;)  as its gonna come down to personal driving style and preference  :)

Thanks, I think I'm going to be the biggest limiting factor for my car for a few years yet but if Avo are significantly better then for £90 each it might be worth changing them.  Then again £360 buys some good tuition.

Steve

You're dead right £360 would buy you some serious track time tuition  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  which would be far more beneficial than shockers initially - get yourself a book and log every setting amendment and affect it has   ;)  :)