SS Newby - silhouette question

stevewi

Hi all,

Sorry in advance for another stupid question.

Have finally pre-registered for 2004, but came across something about car silhouette. Does this mean I should not have modified my bonnet to :-

My bonnet

Am I still gonna be able to enter a class?

I have to keep the vent, for air to get to my intercooler.

Steve

Are thoughs Compomotive CRX wheels you have on the car?

If so what sizes are they & what was the quality of the wheels like (a friend of mine got some recentley & they were VERY poor), just woundered if it was a one off as i'm considering getting some 7" & 8.5" x 13".

As for the extra vent, sorry i don't really know, however i would not imagine that it would be a problem. :durr:BB003.jpg

Thanks for displaying the pic in post Bananaman.

Yes they are CRX's, got 7x13 et24 all round as these are standard caterham sizes and they had them in stock.

They fit fine, just remember to check clearance/posistion of wheel balancing weights.

Quality was perfect, but these were off the shelf wheels, will need to check my 10" wide ones for drag racing, as these are being individually made (already 3 weeks late) expected in the next 10 days.

Steve

Steve

I take it you'll be running Slicks on the Drag setup?

Are you running ACB10's now, if so what size/compound??

Thanks

Andy

P.S. Is that a Busa turbo in there? What powere you got?

Running extra soft Avon slicks at moment size 21/7/13 and 22/7/13 rear.

Will have some 22/9/13 slicks for the rear for the Drag strip

No not a Turbo. TTS  :D Supercharger only giving 205 BHP at rear wheels with .8 boost at the moment. Currently in the shop and will be coming back out with a bigger charger running 1.4 boost and hopefully giving around 250 at the rear wheels. + my nitrous should be finished and setup with direct 60 BHP jets. So really hoping for around 300.

Will upload some new pics of engine bay later tonight.

Steve

Profile should be o.k  :D  But as for supercharger the MSA Blue book notes that fitment of a Turbo and supercharger will give an increase in engine capacity of 1.4  :durr:  :durr:  I think (need to check) which might influence your class  ???  ???  ???  But there will be a class for you that's not a problem  :D

Mark,

Will there be a class for my 4 wheel drive, turbo charged 16 valve rascal van ?  :D  :D  :D

It will run on list 1As and have a full screen but its only 250 cc as it misfires on 3 of the 4 cylinders cylinders  :0

John  ;)

That'll be class J  :D  :D  :blush:  :devil:  :D

But do you know what class will your diff be competing in  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :blush:

And hopefully your wheels will be running in the same direction as well  :D  :blush:  :D  :devil:  :D

Sorry - just picked up an old Ingear Mag with your Aintree piccies in  :D  :D  :D  ROFLAO  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:

SteveWi - Read and check the Bluebook with regard to nitrous - it ain't allowed  ;)  ;)  The only additives that are allowed to fuel are CVL type lead replacement and air-entrained fuels  ;)  :)  :)

Thank God, As long as there is a class. Just fancy something a bit of different from track and drag strip.

Nitrous, was only meant for Santapod and the occasional track with big straight if a tin top does not get out of the way quick enough. Think it would be a bit to scary for the sprints anyway.

sc22.jpg

above is the reason why I have to keep the vent.

Some more piccies can be found at My Supercharger Page

As for refering to Blue book. Will this be changed for next year, if so I don't fancy paying for something that might be out of date for when I need it. I'm a newbie remember.

Steve

When you apply for your race licence, you'll get a Blue Book.

IIRC though, there are no changes to the fuelling or "engine equivalency" rules, so you may have some hoops to jump through at scrutineering, especially if all the NoS gubbins is present and operable.........

I wouldn't worry too much about the bonnet scoop......