Roll Bar Recommendations

David A-B

Had a bit of a disagreement with one of the scrutineers at Lydden today. He was trying to tell me the cr@ppy standard roll bar on my megablade was no good because it is not 50mm above my head.

I explained that this did not apply to sprints in road going vehicles and the Chief Scrutineeer agreed with me and over-ruled him. In fact he said if I was mad enough I could run without any bar at all.

Obviously, regardless of whether it is legal or not, before next season I do desperately need a roll bar that is both stronger and (significantly) taller. (I'm 6'4" and quite long in the back).

I know I could modify any roll bar to get some extra height  but I sooner take an easier option if there is one. Is the optional Westfield FIA/RAC bar a lot taller? (ie at least 80mm)

BTW - I managed 13th overall and won my class as the 6R4 only managed the practice session before retiring in a huge cloud of smoke.  :D Also spoke to several very nice Westy owners and got some useful advice.

David,

I'm 6'04" and have the WF Rac spec bar fitted. I have a shell seat mounted direct to the floor. Bare head I'm below the bar but with my helmet on I'm level with it. I'm just going to get a hoop welded to the top of the bar over winter to increase the height.

Dave O.

In fact he said if I was mad enough I could run without any bar at all.

Tis true  :(  :(  :(  but perhaps not wise  :(

Hoops welded into place or Cat Motorpsort do a bar for the taller driver  :)

Quote (Westfieldman2002 @ Oct. 25 2003,20:27)

Paul that was my next post... Who can weld me a hooooop onto my roll bar!!

You have a PM.

Paul.

Paul - so do you!

Mike

And the same to you to Mike. :D  :D  :D