Guy Martin Speed

Andrew

Isn't it about time the likes of Top Gear were pensioned off including the presenters, and the budgets put into the likes of this and the Idris Elba programmes?

Isn't it about time the likes of Top Gear were pensioned off including the presenters, and the budgets put into the likes of this and the Idris Elba programmes?

That won't happen as long as it remains the most popular BBC world export...

My wife said no more bikes I won't bounce aswell next time so now I have a Westfield

• 2 weeks later...

Queued up for a couple of hours to get him sign a book and a couple of my photo's of him recently. Top bloke, had time for everyone. I offered him my spare room if he'd come across and race at Tandragee this year.

Ya never know!! 

Great show.. & a great character..

I hope they dream up some other wacky challenges for him to try and make a Season 2 :)

I would like to see him do more of the programe tyep where he restored his narrow boat. Going to see British companies who still make things and see how much pleasure that brings to those who do it.

Guy is the complete opposite to those who make nothing and yet make huge sums in the process. If it was not for his insanity on road racing, he would be a happy mechanic all his life, but like Fred Dibnah, through a happy coincidence he got noticed and has now got another career.

In these shows he demonstrate the total commitment needed to succed in anything and that is good for people to see. I also love his one line comments, when he saw a fat woman he said "I bet she flattened a lot of grass in her time" when following the lady cycle chapion " she's not hard to look at" all delightfully un PC.

• Like 2

Also when asked will he miss anyone if he dies (trying the land speed record on a bike) - he responded 'my toolbox'. Quality entertainment.

• Like 1

what the devil are those nutters after him doing???  Couldn't do that... I am sane(ish)!

The skateboard from the top the hill reminded me of a friend when we were kids.

We'd just made a go kart (non powered) and took it to a local hill. Rather than start from half way down, 1st run was from the top..... And we had only fitted a brake to one rear wheel.

Test pilot (not me) went off home after he'd used one of the hedges at the side to stop.

Happy days. 

My 8 year old daughter watched it with me, they showed a diagram showing how drag affects speed.

She then tells me that the windscreen on my Westfield (ours now apparently?!) causes drag why dobt you take it off Dad?

Great program!

• Like 1