Yesterday at Mallory……

Richard M Green

Don’t worry I shan’t bore you with stories of what a superb job Dickie did by qualifying 7th despite being in great pain from a rib injury sustained at Cadwell. Instead I’ll offer you the chance to add a caption to the following photograph of our illustrious Club Chairman offering executive relief to young Dickie in the shape of a cushion being strapped to his hurting ribs………

647.jpeg

…..by the way, in the race he was running 5th until he managed to outbrake himself into the hairpin. The other side of the Locost no longer looks quite like this…….

648.jpeg

Thanks Magnum old Pal  :)  ;)  :blush:  :blush:

Still I managed to finish off my buttie once Dickie B was taped up  :D  :D  :D  :D

from another thread

Unfortunately it is all semantics as the crash barrier just changed my camber to -90 degrees.  (Not to mention my chassis into "S" shaped bits)

Oooooo. Sorry to hear this. Hope you are ok. You seem to be laughing about it - sort of. The theory of the last race of the season is 'S*** or bust' as there is all winter to rebuild it. I don't know of anyone however who has carried this theory out – until now. Are you going to rebuild it for next year or maybe do proper, Westfield racing.

My season ended a bit better. Got second plus fastest lap in my last race (At Thruxton on Sunday). This means I tie for second place in the championship. Stuart Linn wins. The second place will probably go to Jonathan Young as he won some races. I will get third.

i saw the crash, thought that would hurt with cracked/saw ribs.  thanks for the chat and the info about locost racing, nice to meet up and the locost racing certainly looks good fun (if a little painfull). it was probably the most entertaining race of the day

OiOi

It wasn't supposed to be sh*t or bust. I had qualified in 7th place, 2 seconds quicker than in August so was well pleased. I was then up to 5th place when I crashed - unprovoked error I'm afraid to admit - although I blame my secret "brake gremlin" for locking the rears and spinning me around.  Still, at least I got it on video!!!!

I'm fine, only my pride is hurt. Car is less well.  Everything on that corner and the front is broken.  I fear a new chassis forward of the bulkhead.

Check out the website for the full report - "Team Dickie"

Mallory%204%20small.JPG

Mallory%202%20small.JPG

Now I wonder what happened to that photo of "Sir" being fed breakfast.......??

I'm just about to download the piccies of Sir being helped by his batman  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

Pit Bunny - Don't forget your Lycra for 2004  :D  :D  You now know the score  :D  :D

Dickie

Atleast it happened at end of season. Hope you get it all back together for next season in time. i was supposed to get down to mallory but my driver home was unavailable. (not mentioning any names)

Are you going to wscc awards?

ISM - I'll get it back together - I have already lined up Procomp for a new front chassis piece (they were parked next to me at Mallory!;) Most of the rest was coming off anyway.  

Yes, I'll be at the awards night, don't think I'll be getting any awards though, although I might be a contender for the Turf Trophy!!!

Awesome, i shall see you there. then it will be next meeting on the Grid......i ll be the black car with the HUUUUUUUUUUGE novice cross on the back