Provisional 2014 Calendar

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

yep phil - full season now i have new throttle cables and new launch control system fitted :yes:

prescott is a 2 day event so will score both days

Its being run by Longton & District MC

Dates in me calendar!

Unfortunately can't go to my localist event  :(

Hoping to triple my events this year though...  :d

So that'll mean possibly 6 events  :p

Loads of great 2-day events; could easily do 20 events in 10 weekends!

May even combine Gurston on Sat followed by trip down the A303 to Wiscombe for the Sunday.

Calendar looks good

But what likely hood is there of being invited to someone else's single lap Curborough? Seems a shame to lose the event after all these years. It also seems sad to not be doing the Marshal's club double lapper at the end of August. That has been a good event in the past with thee banter between us and the Lotus 7 crew

Agreed, John, although it is holiday time for some.

Nick, well done getting out the provisional calendar so early, Mrs H appreciates a bit of forward planning.

Calendar looks good

But, what likely hood is there of being invitd to someone else's single lap Curborough? Seems a shame to lose the event after all these years. It also seems sad to not be doing the Marshal's club double lapper at the end of August. That has been a good event in the past with thee banter between us and the Lotus & crew

John & others, the calendar is only going to increase  :cool:  :cool:

Steve from BMMC has phoned me a couple of times this week, but i keep missing him. I am sure when I get in contact we will have an invite.

I am struggling to find a single lapper on Curborough calendar, but personally very busy right now. So if some kind person spots one that fits in please let me know and I will try and get us an invite.

• Like 1

Great work.... Very happy.

Food for thought.

I know you can't please all the people all the time but the sprint school laps were in my mind as a good feeder, I know lee joined the SS this year because of it and I know the better halves were considering doing it this year, like mrs smeg loved it last year.. it allowed them to have a play/learn without a lot of commitment.

echo that John W - Sprint School was what really sold it to me and, most importantly, Debbie as a great way to enjoy some cost effective motorpsort in a safe environment!

I echo what John&James say.

The Sprint School and Track Day at

Curborough was an important part of my progression.

And the only place Wendz would drive, due to not wanting to be on track with others.

There was s growing momentum for a fare few partners to attend in 2014.

Re the comments on Curborough. The SSOT were very aware of the advantage of the Saturday track event to new people and cancelling it was not undertaken lightly. We hope to arrange some time during the Blyton trackday on the Friday for similar sessions such that complete novices can "have a go".

But cancelling Curborough was down to very high cost circa £ 1200 for saturday alone and actually getting someone to organise it. It always seems to fall on the same people despite lots of requests for help every year, the numbers coming forward are very low and we really struggle to run the event. In 2012 the Meeting Secretary of Curborough had to act as Paddock Marshall just to get the event to run. Which is crazy. And before you all jump up and say well I would help, sorry but we have been there for many years asking and no-one coming forward. 

Not many years ago we used to run the Yorkshire Experience day at Harewood Hillclmb. This allowed partners to drive and passenger rides etc so it was great. But guess what happened…….. gradually reduction in car coming and the event became uneconomic. So we had to cancel it and that was a great shame but for events to be viable it needs volunteers and people to attend

I hereby volunteer for whatever job needs doing for a sprint school day or "try it" day at curbs or anywhere else.