DVLA Don't you just love them? Engine proof of newness

housebuilder

I only make it 3 weeks by my count from the 25th nov so not bad service at all from Swansea. :)

Nuff said on the subject I'm done now too .

With some trepidation an update........

V5 arrived Yeay!!

Nothing else in the envelope so I assume all the other stuff I sent will be returned separately.

No tax disc which again I am assuming comes from a separate computer / department

At least I can get the plates made up at the weekend!

Sorry chaps I didn't mean to start a controversial debate just trying to keep the guys building a new one up to date with what they should expect when they get to the end of the journey.

HB, well so far so good. You may be blatting Christmas Day, hope it stays nice for you.

Don't worry about us having a debate, we're like Italians, 2 off us will have 3 opinions.

As I've said I've just reregistered an old 1956 tractor in October with the new system

V5 arrived alone as with you

About a week later the tax disc and other documentation I had sent in arrived

Fingers crossed you get them before Christmas

:)

I was shocked with pleasant surprise when we went to the Prefecture in Angers to register our two UK Hondas. Armed with every piece of paper we could think of as all previous attempts ahve resulted in a request for more paperwork, we arrived, got a ticket and took a seat.

We got to a window in about 15 minutes, she dealt with the processing in about 5 minutes each and said she didn't need all the paperwork we had brought. I brought out my cheque book to pay as we had done previously. No, no (or Non, Non) you pay at the cash desk now and gave us a two slips of paper. We went to the cash desk, waited while someone else was dealt with and handed in the slip. I then passed over the cheque I had already made out and was given two A$ pieces of paper with a copy of the Carte Gris (French V5c) printed thereon. We got the new number plates on the way home and they were fitted as soon as we got home. The next days post bought the Carte Gris.

The sort of service I would expect from the people I pay taxes and fees to. This is what the French demand for their money but the English feel they have to suffer poor service in silence.

All good then.

Tax disc and all documents I had sent arrived registered post yesterday.

number plates tomorrow and first trip.

I think I will go round the block and make sure all the things I have bolted together don't fall off!!

That's good news take it easy and enjoy.

Housebuilder,

Excellent news, shame about the weather - take it careful out there ;)

Jon