Advance Notice: Boardroom Layout Update

Captain Colonial

Absolutely - and let's keep some perspective here, the boardroom content will not change whatsoever, just the order of the books on the shelf.  I trust there will be no nasty scrolling injuries. :d

• Like 1

Dave, to make it clear, the postings to which I refer were not made by members. I used the word "members" as someone posting on the forum. At the time non-members could post.

If you look at other forums and see the insults and language used you'll really appreciate how nice we all are.

I'm not denying the social side I just regard the forum as the place to go when I have a problem, i wouldnt have been able to do bits without the tecnical help, the social side

For me the true social side of the club is the local meets and going out. So if the forum helps promote this then that's good.

Tbf it was the factory that mentioned the club to me. I bought my car first, joined the local area and only through them found out about the forum when no one there could help with a zetec problem

I think having a newby section where you introduce yourself and shove a few pics of your car up is something that should be kept

It is being kept, but when it went by the Newbie name, there was immense confusion over what it was for, and in fact no one used it in the manor you suggest. Strange I know. But it slowly became a strange dead end of Tech Talk.

Whereas with the new name, we're aiming to make it plain from the start that it's the perfect area to introduce yourself, add a few pictures of your car etc. but that it's a lot more too.

Fair enough ... Tbf on a lot of other forums ive been on there are specific instructions to post in the newbies section first. Similar to what norm (ithink it was) suggested. New members are often reminded to :)

Edt... Should say that the instruction is post an intro to yourself and that's all