Guess

Young Pretender

I'm not sure some fully understand the price differences between north and south. Some years ago I looked at the labour rates of our customers. In one franchise the highest was £95 ph, in London and the lowest was £25 ph in Cumbria. I asked the Cumbrian dealer why he was so low and the response was much the same as Steve's. the other workshops in the area were charging £25 ph so he had in order to keep his customers.

Did you do it or the wife

Divorces are expensive

I did it. Exactly over a v small dent that my wife created!

She is more mature than me so has kept the berrating of her loved one to a minimum lol

Zero cost to not repair it...

The current pattern of incidents looks like you'll get a bigger dent exactly in the same place in the future. And next time it may be someone you can claim from. ;)

I have minimal experience with body repair but I'm having a go.

Expenditure so far - £0.00

Access was limited so had a go with a dent puller.  Purchased this previously for pulling half shafts from the live axle.

Mate, that is really bad luck, firstly your wife dents your car  :(  then you go and put a bigger dent in the same place :(  :(  then someone shoots it with a shot gun, in exactly the same place  :(  :(  :(  they say bad luck comes in 3's  ???

• Like 1

Ah, but the shots are from the inside.

Sherlock to the boardroom, please.

Access was limited so had a go with a dent puller.  Purchased this previously for pulling half shafts from the live axle.

:oops: im all for having a go but there are more holes than panel left there ,you could of just taken it to a bodyshop and asked them to pull it out for you with the correct tools then there would be no holes (a panel left) then just a skim of filler left to do

to me a repair has to be right underneath its not just about what it looks like when its painted its about getting the panel as near 100% straight as possible before repairing it , I know you cant allways do this ,I have a fiesta in at the moment where the whole q panel has been filled but the owner dictates this ,but its not full of holes its been pulled out without drilling holes

Steve, a couple of quick questions please. How long would I get for lunch and how many days hols? Cheers :)

• Like 1

I would have done that £200 cash plus the light  and as cheap as that may sound I would be well paid at that  its prob no more than 3 hours work start to finish . now its full of holes I wouldn't want to to touch it,  think I would put a quarter panel on it or weld a big patch over it as Steve said it needs to be right before you can fill it and pulled correctly would be a light skim. not sure what you gonna do with that but looking forward to the next installment, just hope you not going to fill it with readymix and paint it with a roller    :o  :o  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Would the bare metal in the holes not seriously compromise the integrity of the panel and potentially cause a nightmare with corrosion and rust in the future?

Clearly they will have filler or P40 (fibreglass style filler) over them and paint. But I'm sure I've seen issues with corrosion under filler before and filler dropping out. It was on a mini about 15 years ago, so can't remember exact details.

I would've driven to Steve's, train home, train back up when job done. I've just paid out £6,000 following me swerving to avoid a muppet that didn't look and I hit a curb at about 30mph. I should've gone through insurance! My issue is three third party at fault and one not insured person at fault on my insurance already, so I'd not want to add this one... Which would be me at fault I guess. But even so, raised premiums wouldn't of cost me £6,000!

My guess has to be "The Car" this is due to the fact I wouldn't be happy with my car unless perfect. Many small dents and scratches I've repaired... I've even done many little jobs for mates... But that's a bit too much and would need a body shop to repair. I'm sure the car will be patched up and sold on ASAP.

Mines a local ale please...

My own experience from impetuous youth days as a penny less student, was that as soon as you had holes in bodywork, stopping corrosion appearing in the coming months/years got increasingly difficult. Tried etch priming then priming both sides of raw steel before filling, but even that didn't see, to stop it, just slowed it. Shrinkage in the filler when bridging holes was always a pita too.