SOLD - 89 sei vx 2.0L SBD 208

Bronco Jr

The car is now sold, and indeed on its way to its new owner in Belgium. Thanks to all the people who expressed an interest in the car.

Sadly I think its time for the westie and me to part company..

Ive owned the car for 13 years and I'm its second owner, the car is :-

1989 SEI narrow

VX redtop by arrow (dont know the exact spec, it has ARP rod bolts etc)

SBD 208 kit with DTH TB's

SBD baffled sump

SBD 4-2-1 manifold

SBD to type 9 bell housing

Swirl pot

AVO dampers all round

wunoff repackable silencer (needs repacking)

RAC type roll cage

Aro screen

Bonnet bulge (its a lowline and needs the bulge)

High back seats

4 point harnesses

Momo wheel

New tyres

rebult diff by road and race

I havent used the car for two years, there no tax or MOT.

My intention was to give her a full refresh, but like the best laid plans it didnt happen. I start her up every few months and let her warm through but she hasnt turned a wheel in at least a year. I bought an elise and since doing do have lost interest.

Condition is fair but needs some tidying up, its more of a project than a drive away bargin.

I'll post some pictures but am I off my head asking £6K? It realy is a case of I dont know the real value. I'd rather someone can give her some TLC and use her properly then be confined to the back of the garage.

Opinions will be really helpful, thanks in advance!

Andrew

£7.5 is quite old for that kind of money, Look at what others are on the market - £5-6k is the right kind of money especially for a project. Mr L had a similar specced for £6250 which recently sold.

• Like 1

Personally I would look at the spec of the car rather than the age. You can pick up newer westfields on eBay for 4k but to get them to a good spec would cost that again.

You can always lower the price if u start high.

Hehe i'm the other way Filfan - engines are simpler to replace than a fatigued, older chassis costs more in time and money but that'll be my classic car restorer upbringing!!!

Thanks all.

I'm not looking for top dollar, have had my fun and its sad to see her just sitting at the back of the garage. Yes, if I dig her out, tidy some bits up, get an MOT etc then I'd get more. Truth be told I just don't have the time (about to start a new job and its looooong hours)

I'd take £6K, that way its not too expensive and there's some money in it for someone to spend whats needed to put it right and I'd feel happier if something did go wrong.

Remember I haven't used her for two years.

Andrew

Would really like to see some photos of your car, Andrew: a friend is on the lookout for a Westy.   :yes:

R

Thanks all.

I'm not looking for top dollar, have had my fun and its sad to see her just sitting at the back of the garage. Yes, if I dig her out, tidy some bits up, get an MOT etc then I'd get more. Truth be told I just don't have the time (about to start a new job and its looooong hours)

I'd take £6K, that way its not too expensive and there's some money in it for someone to spend whats needed to put it right and I'd feel happier if something did go wrong.

Remember I haven't used her for two years.

Andrew

Ah, hasn't been used in two years, no MOT and no tax, that does change things slightly.

On that basis £6k sounds about right.

Would really like to see some photos of your car, Andrew: a friend is on the lookout for a Westy.   :yes:

R

PM me an email address and I'll forward the pics to you.

I'm hoping to get her out of the garage at the weekend and take some new pics and post them too. I'm not much of a techie so will have to find somewhere to upload them to enable me to get them on here!

Andrew

Hi Alex, sorry for the tardy response. I'll try and get photos to you on sunday eve and am greatful of you offer to host

Best regards

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.