How would you react if...

Wile E. Coyote

I have to say I have had good service from two dealers recently, but I guess it helps to go armed with info. My daughters mini cooper was startung to play up so Jeff C kindly furnished me with book prices. Mini dealer in Bath had a mint car in so called and arranged to go on the Saturday with Daughter who was coming home from med school. When we got there the car had been sold that morning. No big issue as I never agreed a sale or anything. The sales manager was told and he came and had a chat and took us to see a slightly newer car which had just come in. Within an hour we had done a great deal with top book trade in on the car which would be preped for the following weekend. The sales man passed this on to a young femail sales person, who communicated well and the car was ready as agreed the following week, all done efficently.

She had the car a week and was called to make sure everything was fine, again great service and as a result when Jeanettes MR2 is to be changed she wants to look at a Mini Paceman for herself from there.

There is no secret to good service, don't take the p***, do what you say you will and treat customers with the respect they deserve.

As Norm has mentioned before you never know who the next customer will be and salesmen ignore anyone at their cost. I worked for a small Ford dealer in the late seventies, one week a guy comes in in an old commer cob van and asks how much for two Granada Ghia estates, the salesman told him he could not afford one let alone two. Two weeks later he is in the Barnsley Chronical pictured with two brand new Ghia estates with the story of how he had won the pools!!!

Best thing I have found with poor service is to find the online comments page...

I've often had emails following a story being published for all to see and usually some form of compensation. Nothing big or cash, just free upgrade or money off next visit type thing.

I have been asked what action I believe should be taken. A written apology is always my reply. That to me would show more respect than freebies or a voucher to spend in the same place