Controlling costs / expert classes

XTR2Turbo

Neither Scott, just was this your answer to car / driver talent  :p  :p  :oops:  :o  :suspect:  ???  :blush:

No mate, just my answer for stirring the pot at a distance.  Although it would be a fun series... Morons vs Geniuses  :p  :laugh:  :cool:  :yes:

limit the amount of rounds you can drop per season. would save some a few quid :d

but its there choice

Seems a good idea to me. Email your suggestion to the committee before Sunday.

only problem with that one is there would be less people competing . :no: against each other. :(

I say spend  what you want :d

One possibility to increase competition within the classes might be to reduce the number of classes?

There doesn't seem to be much difference now between classes D & F, so why not amalgamate them? The same might go for classes C & E.

We'd then end up with 6 classes, 3 for larger engines and 3 for smaller engines. The division then being novices (A & B) with some restrictions to keep down cost in  those classes; road legal (C-E and D-F) with fairly minimal restrictions subject to being road legal and taxed/mot'd; and non-road going (G & H)

How would people feel about that? I'd be in particular interested to see what others in classes C & D would say because they are the ones directly affected.

One possibility to increase competition within the classes might be to reduce the number of classes?

There doesn't seem to be much difference now between classes D & F, so why not amalgamate them? The same might go for classes C & E.

We'd then end up with 6 classes, 3 for larger engines and 3 for smaller engines. The division then being novices (A & B) with some restrictions to keep down cost in  those classes; road legal (C-E and D-F) with fairly minimal restrictions subject to being road legal and taxed/mot'd; and non-road going (G & H)

How would people feel about that? I'd be in particular interested to see what others in classes C & D would say because they are the ones directly affected.

no theres a plan wuv

Crap idea. Theres nothing wrong with it as it is. Why the need to change things year on year just because its the silly season for "I have a X-Flow and I want to win"

why have you upgraded to a x flow now wuv,it must be silly season

The SSOT could always consider an open diff rule for A,B,C,D. and reclassify ATB'S and LSD equiped cars into E & F ???

Would make putting big power down interesting ;)

:d :d :d

Stephen,

Target times are way out of reach in Class D now with current car spec, the great Slingsby ( big respect) has moved the goalposts big time.

why dont we leave it as it is it was great fun last year - the best bit for was getting out my car to see all the best drivers show me how it's done!!! 

I really enjoyed watching skilled drivers doing well.

Geez you lot, you're all dancing around the problem and can't see the obvious solution.

Ban Barry. :laugh:

Or make him drive in reverse. :t-up:

Simples! :cool:

or we could get barry to have weeks shopping from tescos  in the passenger side with the straps holding in a case of wine (not that ive ever done that of course) :-0

• Like 1

He He - I love this time of year :p

Does everyone that's competing have to be in with a shout of winning a class at an event? I don't think so, it's nice of course but only so many can be in that position in each class unless the cars were all identical.

I can't see Westfield's to the same spec being out in any numbers, and it wouldn't be the same if they were.

I'm one of those with c. 135hp and a very much road going car weighing about 650kg, so I've no chance again John in class C.  I / we should perhaps get that out of our minds and just get on and enjoy what we have got as the SS is such a great place (that I miss).  SS events are a great day out, with some close competition wherever you are in the class results. Too many classes would lead to dilution.

I know I miss the SS, even though I couldn't be competitive against the fastest, there were always people in the class that I compared myself with on the day and competed against whilst dreaming of another 100hp and 150kg off the car!

• Like 1