• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Mallory Park 2003

Mark Stanton

With the WSCC Track day at Mallory Park not far away now - I'd just like to update everyone on the latest situation.  :D  :D  :D

First the Bad News  :(  :(  If you haven't entered - its FULL  ;)

If you have entered but not yet received confirmation - You are on the reserve list  ;)  ;)

If you have entered and received your confirmation letter then you are in  :D  :D . If anyone is making a late cancellation, please send me a message, whereupon I will allocate someone else from my reserve list  ;)  :D  Which has been produced in "date of receipt order"  :D  :D  :D

And now the Good News  :D  :D  :D  :D

In an effort to improve the day for everyone - I have obtained the services of a fully qualified ARDS instructor and race driver  :D  :D  :D

He's a young Aussie driver called Nick Kjaer - looking to further his motor racing career and along the way help out and provide some instruction for enthusiasts such as ourselves  :D  :D

He has a proven winning experience in karts together with Formula Ford and GT driving a Porsche 924

There will be some "Follow the Leader Laps" for all drivers in the first sessions of the day  :D  :D . These will not be at anywhere near "full pace" but at a suitable speed so drivers can see and remember a "better and safer driving line"  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

After that there will be an opportunity to register for some "One on One" tuition and guidance  :D  :D  ;)  Strictly for WSCC members only  :D  :D . We will have to make a very nominal charge  ;) for this. After all our track day cost is just £89

If this works out well for everyone - then we hope to offer this at all future WSCC track days, obviously subject to Nicks availability and motorsport commitments.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Website and info for Nick Kjaer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• gregh

• DickieB

• Fat Albert

driving a Porsche 924

Mr. D, what was it you said about people who had associations with this marque? :D

P.S. Forgot to mention - Free Camping is available at Mallory on the night of Thursday 17 July - if you want to ensure a prompt Friday morning start without having an early morning drive  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D

There'll be a few of us up there so you won't be lonely  :D  :D  :D

Mark is there any chance you can email me to let me know if I am in or out?

My post goes to my Pop and he is old so some time does not forward my post on.

Sounds like a good 'n with the tuition etc! Not for me this yr though...Psychological block after lunching engine last yr :arse:

Enjoy...............

Heya everyone.

Nick here, firstly i'd just like to thank Mark for sorting this whole deal out. It certainly is a very exciting prospect for the club and i hope it proves to be very well received...

If you have any questions, ofcourse please do not hesitate to contact me and i'll get back to you asap.

So anyway thats about it really - i hope to meet many of you on the 18th at Mallory.

Catch you later,

Nick

Jan(et) - Yep, you're in Group C  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

And more good news  :D  :D  The guys at Pro-Comp had booked in one of their 750MC Locost cars into Group B (the only have ickle 1300 X-Flow engines) and have now got in touch to say they might be able to take along their corner weights - just for folks to check their car balance and weight  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

They won't have time to do any set-ups  ;)  ;)  :)  :)  whilst at Mallory - for that you'll have to make an appointment with them for a later date  :D  :D  ;)

Hello Nick  ;)  :D  Can we leave it with you to arrange for some dry warm sunny weather  :D  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Sorry nick, no use to me  :angry:

I all ready now, that I can’t drive???

Well do we pay for a session or?

who’s camping up there :0

And I promise not to get in the state I was in last Year on the night before :p

Usual crowd + others will be camping at Mallory  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Small nominal fee for club funds on the day  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  just to cover costs  :D  But seeing as its you Duck then its £200 per lap  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

It was an (E)state that you were in last year  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D

he'll want a damn site more danger money to go out with the Duck....

he'll want a damn site more danger money to go out with the Duck....

O if there danger, i will stay at home ???

I would rather be a live duck, than a dead chicken :D

Well done Mark in getting us some extra help...I need all the help I can get :t-up:

I hope to camp over but cannot make it to Mallory until later in the evening....is this a problem?  I have not been there before so is it obvious were to go?

Advice appreciated.