Honda S2000/F20C engine/gearbox - Sorted now.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Meh, not really, I'll actually be down 30 odd ft lb of torque compared to the more powerful XE, and the XE type 9 combo is probably lighter too. The XE red lined at 8500 rpm, compared to about 8900(?) on the Honda, so it'll rev a gnats higher I suppose.

BUT, the key thing, is that those figures for the Honda are for a totally standard, road going, production engine. Which the XE most definitely isn't. I'm pinning my hopes that the Honda won't feel too slow on the road by comparison. :d;):oops:

enjoy the painting dave

your bring bk the memories from when I started playing with mine

s2kengine_zps8b799248.jpg

Speaking of your's Ash, did you remove and blank off the EGR valve and plumbing - I'm assuming WF don't actually use it!

Got to strip it all back for cleaning/painting/powder-coating and just trying to get it straight in my head what's got to go back on and what can be sacked off.

enjoy the painting dave

your bring bk the memories from when I started playing with mine

s2kengine_zps8b799248.jpg

You've set a high bar for us to aim for. :yes:

Good luck Dave, im very interested in the total cost when you have the transplant completed. 

you don't need the egr valve, or vacuum bits, ie the "s" piece mounted near the throttle body at front of intake manifold. You will need to plug the rear vacuum point on the back of the intake manifold otherwise your idle will be all over the place.

Have you thought of which ecu youre going to use, as the factory use them Im assuming omex? Can I assume that omex have a wiring harness to get around the "missing plug"-as the engine loom only has 2 of the 3 standard plugs to the ecu.

Always wanted to know how you tap into the vss on the engine without this 3rd plug-as this gives you the pulses to calculate revs...

noticed ash that you haven't got an oil cooler fitted- Not necessary? How are your temps?

Correct, will be going Omex; I figure why re-invent the wheel on this one. The factory have had Omex put a lot of development time into the car, so plan on taking advantage of this.

dave here is the pictures of the egr blanked off,got the blacking cap from parts

egr_zpse7cec3c0.jpg

• Like 1

The egr valve can be removed totally and simply blocked off with a flat piece of alu cut to fit- the vacuum line coming off it to manifold simply needs plugging

Yes, was going to remove completely.

dave here is the pictures of the egr blanked off,got the blacking cap from parts

egr_zpse7cec3c0.jpg

Very neat and tidy bud..............  :t-up:

I presume looking at that pic Ash that the MAF sensor is removed top from the TB as well and that the Omex just used the TPS?

Im looking at your pic ash and trying to work out the coolant lines- Ive noticed you blocked of the heater pipes; I kept them linked and just fed a hose from the out straight to the return, as I was told it could interrupt with the flow--

How have you got the coolant coming in and going out- and how have you connected up the coolant reservoir?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.