Honda S2000/F20C engine/gearbox - Sorted now.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

i don't have too many choices gearbox wise. I hate sequential's on the road for everyday use, a Type 9 is no good for me. Quaife H pattern box is beyond my budget I'm afraid. T5 a possibility of course. But to be honest, having plugged a lot of diff combos into various gear calcs. the std Honda box doesn't look millions of miles out, specially when compared to my current Quaife Pro box.

As said already, the Honda box really doesn't have that bad ratios- the only real reason Id not want to use it would be to save weight, as it does weigh a tonne!

I would simply recommend a 4.1 diff, otherwise 6th will only end up being an overdrive gear; but that's not all bad either (but I know a 3.92 diff is easier and cheaper to come by). I still haven't got to the redline in 5th yet- Im guessing I'll be doing over 135-.

I've already got a 3.92 LSD diff, so while I haven't decided 100% one way or the other! I may try it and see how it goes.

This won't be a stripped out track refugee. Quite the opposite, the whole reason for going down a different engine/box path is simply to move away from running a fairly highly tuned engine/straight cut 'box in a car getting the use the Westfield now gets.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm really pleased with the point I've developed the XE too. It's powerful, torquey - it just pulls for England, even when off cam. And does it all without missing a beat, even in heavy traffic. However, it's just that little voice at the back of your mind that likes to remind you exactly how much it would cost if you did manage to blow the engine.

I could buy many second hand F20C's for what it would cost to replace the XE "off the peg".  And that's sort of the point.

• Like 1

So far the plan is to carry out a small mod on the TCT, check and if necessary replace the valve retainers and do a visual check on the rest. 

dave i have a glebe t5 box , straight cut and unbreakable , all with receipts at very sensible money

Can't take another year of a straight cut box :down:

(Starting to get long term issues with ear plugs unfortunately)

Pot, meet kettle...  :laugh:

i am the calmest person on here :t-up:

Can't take another year of a straight cut box :down:

(Starting to get long term issues with ear plugs unfortunately)

buy some new ears wuv,they must be doing transplants by now

buy some new ears wuv,they must be doing transplants by now

Tried it, the op. went badly wrong...

Santa arrived today courtesy of DHL

gallery_15316_121_2555444.jpg

Craig did a cracking job packing it, lots of bubble wrap and shrink wrap/

that takes me back!

Come on then get on with it, the weathers going to be nice this weekend ;-)

Not a hope bud. More XE work to be done yet. Spring is when I'm looking to move forwards. Until then, it will just be a case of getting it tidied up, painted and any preventative/remedial work sorted out. Along with things like the sump baffle. (Not planning on dry sumping this one).

Though it is a tempting thing, sitting their in the garage!

It feels a big old Hector compared to the XE/Type 9, that's for sure.

it will be worth it mate - will blow your cap off mate when you get that beast in there!!!! :d

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.