Honda S2000/F20C engine/gearbox - Sorted now.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Okey doky wuv.

Filfan, are you calling me a vulture so I can come in your class with the scary banana :d

Only scary with me driving. You would get board with the drop in power though

I thought that Filfan, I just wanted to compete with you on a level playing field mate :-)

Deal done, hopefully engine and box on the way this week. Gulp.

Deal done, hopefully engine and box on the way this week. Gulp.

let the fun begin

Ah well, give me time to clean up, paint and powder coat etc.

Just having a shufty at the Honda forums, see if there's any preventative measures worth doing while it's out.

Wow, what a fantastic winter project and no doubt they'll be detailed updates; looking forward to following this one :yes:

dave; whats the plan then? Std box, std intake manifold?

Have you got the wider mt75 tunnel? Are you going to lob off the top of bellhousing and make a flat step to get it under the bulkhead chassis rail?

s2000's can get valve seat problems, so I would recommend a compression test if the engines still in a car and running? There is a lot of talk about the tct slipping after time and that the engine starts sounding a bit clicky/clacky- but this is easy to fix- I did it just for peace of mind, and can be done at any time and takes max 20mins.

if youre going for std box, what rear diff will you be using? Everyone who seems to comment on the box says that the ratios aren't that great, but tbh I don't think so- its only 1st gear that could be a little longer, but its not really bad. The other gears are very well spaced. I remember wanting a quaife box, and plugging into a calculator the ratios to find out the gear speeds- if you go for the std box with a rear diff of 4.1 you will get almost the same gear speeds as the type 9 dog box, (apart from 1st)...

If I ever get to do another build, I will defo use the std box again-but will use a 4.1 rear diff (gives 150max speed, or even 4.4 will still give 140 top speed)and would try to shift some weight from here and there.

let us know your plans!!!!!

Oh and... START A BUILD THREAD!

tim

Is it running yet

Bob :love:  :d  :d :d  :d  

dave; whats the plan then? Std box, std intake manifold? Have you got the wider mt75 tunnel? Are you going to lob off the top of bellhousing and make a flat step to get it under the bulkhead chassis rail? s2000's can get valve seat problems, so I would recommend a compression test if the engines still in a car and running? There is a lot of talk about the tct slipping after time and that the engine starts sounding a bit clicky/clacky- but this is easy to fix- I did it just for peace of mind, and can be done at any time and takes max 20mins. if youre going for std box, what rear diff will you be using? Everyone who seems to comment on the box says that the ratios aren't that great, but tbh I don't think so- its only 1st gear that could be a little longer, but its not really bad. The other gears are very well spaced. I remember wanting a quaife box, and plugging into a calculator the ratios to find out the gear speeds- if you go for the std box with a rear diff of 4.1 you will get almost the same gear speeds as the type 9 dog box, (apart from 1st)... If I ever get to do another build, I will defo use the std box again-but will use a 4.1 rear diff (gives 150max speed, or even 4.4 will still give 140 top speed)and would try to shift some weight from here and there. let us know your plans!!!!! Oh and... START A BUILD THREAD! tim

jeeez man calm down :o

Indeed, calm down!  ;)  :laugh:  There'll be no engine swaps this year I'm afraid. I'm just gathering the bits I need at the moment. 

Got an XE to do a few final bits on before I sell it yet. So won't be selling the current engine before next year.

i don't have too many choices gearbox wise. I hate sequential's on the road for everyday use, a Type 9 is no good for me. Quaife H pattern box is beyond my budget I'm afraid. T5 a possibility of course. But to be honest, having plugged a lot of diff combos into various gear calcs. the std Honda box doesn't look millions of miles out, specially when compared to my current Quaife Pro box.

jeeez man calm down :o

Pot, meet kettle...  :laugh: 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.