Goodwood Sprint

Buzz Billsberry

Help please guys, got the regs 4 the above event which class do I register in:I'm normally in 2B Road going Modified kit cars over 1700cc

would it be class 2 or 3?

would it be class 10? not a clue

Buzz

:(

I've asked the same question to the organiser and I'm none the wiser. He thinks road going kit cars should be in Sports libre but I disagree.

Tom, Mark & Ray can we have clarification on this please?

Thanks

Windy ???  :(

Westfields are not sports libre cars  :D  :D  and kit cars are not production cars  :D

However, I am not entering Goodwood cos I'll be in Budapest getting mullered  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :blush:  on a stag weekend  :D  :D

Never the less having looked at the regs and making a couple of assumptions  ;)  ;)  ;)  Westfield do have low volume type approval and the event will be in-undated with loads of WSCC entries that they may give us our own classes.  :D  :D  anyway

The verdict initially would recommend the following:

Enter Classes 1, 2, 3 and 4 as appropriate engine size for roadgoing Westfield car engined cars with full screens, 1A tyre etc

Classes 5, 6, 7 for bike powered Westfields and those using aero screens, List 1B tyres etc.

Classes 8, 9 and 10 for the slick guys.

That will highlight the lack of suitable classes not just for Westfields but many cars seen on the circuit at our events.

It does have a coverall / cop-out note that all classes must comply with MSA technical regs, which will allowfor adjustment in the FI's  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Never the less having looked at the regs and making a couple of assumptions        Westfield do have low volume type approval and the event will be in-undated with loads of WSCC entries that they may give us our own classes.      anyway

I did suggest to Tony Johnstone that he could perhaps create additional classes for the Westfields but he was certain that he wouldn't. I also said that he would be likely the receive many phone calls from confused competitors and that by taking up the offer of my suggestion for putting a note on the WSCC boardroom to this effect he would avoid having to answer phone queries. I guess he has the time to talk to us all!

Windy  ???

Sent off entry class 2!

many phone calls from confused competitors

And after reading through their regs and seeing all the clubs thay've invited it won't just be the WSCC folks that'll be calling him  ;)  ;)  ;)  :(  :(  :(  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  ;)

also  i will be attending this as my frist bash at the speed series and it said nothing about noise db. leavels in the spec?

phone call i think?

jamie

Most MSA sprints and hills have a maximum noise limit of 108db when at 3/4 max revs  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

That is the ruling according to Blue Book, however there may be a Local Authority imposed limit - but often for MSA licensed meetings the 108 limit is used.

Most Westfields tend to get well under the limit - especially with a larger dia re-packable silencer, the older Westfield supplied ones may struggle  ;)  :(

With regard noise...this is Goodwood - well famed for low noise...98dB I think.

John

PS-entered sports libre class to get my ask kisked by a slick shod Mallock  :blush:

class 3 is for road going production cars and mod prod so we've entered into that class with the slick car hope you 1b guys don't mind!!!!  ;)

With regard noise...this is Goodwood - well famed for low noise...98dB I think.

that's only for track days John - they also have a few 'noisy' 105db days and I think it will be at least that  ;)

Spoke to a Mr johnstone and he  said it would be class 2

so class 2 it is?

Buzz :(