Pennines to Pyrenees 2013 official thread

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Start with the serious pics....................

1_zpse81cf662.jpg

Start with the serious pics....................

Another serious pic

Come on, some one tell the story about the pic

Microsoft+Word+-+Document1.jpg

This story is one of the funniest I've heard in a long time. Someones got to tell it. 

Doggie stories to one side, this is the group in the restaurant on Saturday. They put us in our room with the table laid for 16. The little boy is Celeste the son of Jean-Marie and Nathalie who are beside him further from the camera. They are a wonderful family and we feel privileged to know them.

chinon-lunch.JPG

• Like 1

Norm, super picture for a super day. Thanks for all your hard work in setting up the meal and of course meeting you and your friends.

Terry

Another serious pic

Come on, some one tell the story about the pic

Microsoft+Word+-+Document1.jpg

ok ok Ime on with it watch this space...............

Car keys found.... in the liner of my jacket!

We've all done that, after a few times you start feeling the jacket all over.

• Like 1

Norm, super picture for a super day. Thanks for all your hard work in setting up the meal and of course meeting you and you friends.

Terry

Terry, no need for thanks, it was a pleasure. I was a bit concerned that it would be OK but it turned out fine. It was a really good meal for not a lot of Euros. 

Maybe we can do it again next year, but this time plan the route nearer to me :)

IMG_0379.jpg

• Like 1

The Dog Story..................

Somewhere in Spain just south of the Pyrenees, our six westies were traveling in convoy enjoying the beautiful scenery, on a twisty bit Blueleader (Wshep) missed a left turn so we all pulled over shortly after and did a U turn. We rejoined into traffic and Lee joined behind a truck. We all had PMR radios but in the confusion Lee missed the turn as we drove back as the westy in front was unsighted due to the truck. We realized after a short time Lee was missing so the now five westies pulled over.

Wshep was trying to contact Lee via the PMR so I volunteered to walk back to the junction to flag lee down, I left my helmet on as I had my PMR radio earpiece plumbed in. After five minutes walk I approached the junction, just before it there was the only building for miles out of which ran an extremely large (Spanish) German Shepherd running full chat in my direction.

It was a strange sensation as it approached, my mind was trying to decide which was best out of the two options I could think of………. leg it or stand my ground. For some reason I chose the latter. As the German Sheperd closed in I turned away and braced for impact, two paws hit my upper back, I managed to stay upright as I was getting nibbled, licked and sniffed. Unfortunately the Spanish dog failed to understand my English swearing and cursing, but luckily the dog did not bite and I managed to finally get away albeit covered in saliva and shaking like a chicken.

I was now past the dog and at the junction and made the decision that when Lee arrived I will have to somehow squeeze into the passenger seat along with Lee’s brother Gary. That’s when the message came through the PMR from Wshep: come back Marcus, Lee has been in touch via phone and is making his own way to the hotel!

As I turned around the dog was still there……… as I got closer it charged again for round two this time deciding, after another slobbering, to pinch my PMR. It was having a good chew trying to decide what flavour it was when the owner finally came out of the house. I pointed to the dog and he retrieved the PMR, still intact but dripping in saliva. We tried and failed to exchange pleasantries so I left, arriving back with the others rather later than expected.

Come on say it - this thread is useless without pictures, well I think Wshep has a picture somewhere of my heroic return  ??? 

As you can guess the rest of the holiday had a dog theme: Marcus do you want to take the lead etc etc 

All good fun  :d 

• Like 1

The Dog Story..................

Stop barking on about it!

Stop barking on about it!

and taking the michael continues .......................  :cry:  :d

That's some tail of woe.

Glad you had a good time.

Marcus had it a bit RUFF after that encounter with Lassie.

Got to add that he was walking back towards us and I said here comes the Stig which started us laughing and then he told us the shaggy dog story. Marcus forgot to add that after telling us his story he waked infront of me and Wayne and Wanye nudge me and said watch this. He bent down and grabbed Marcusus leg from behind and barked like a dog, you should have seen Marcus jump. Talk about the fright of your life.

My sides were hurting for about 20 minutues from laughing, her in doors thought I was cracking up until I told her the story.

Terry