• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Part built Wesfield on e-bay (or help completing)

Howard

A friend of mine has a part-built Westfield that he is selling on e-bay.  He doesn’t have the spare time to devote to completing the car, and although I’ve offered to help, it’s proved difficult to find mutually convenient time to work on it.

He’s tried to find someone who could complete the work at a reasonable cost locally but without success. It grieves me that he has got so far but has run out of steam. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300957635667?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Before the car is gone for good, is there anyone out there who would be interested in finishing the car (for money – I’m not sure what rates - that would need to be discussed)?  If so, please PM me your number quickly so I can put you in touch, and he can decide what to do with the ad. I’d like to give him the chance to own the car he started to build. The car is near Leicester.  I can trailer it if necessary.

He’s still after a Westfield or something similar, so he’s considering px for a built Westfield, or may buy a completed one if he sells his part-built kit. 

• Like 1

It is a shame it can't be completed locally. I guess by the response it would seem that everyone is a bit time (and cash) poor just now. I'd love to take it on myself but it would take me ages and I don't have the space (or the money :down:).

It's perhaps a daft idea but can't one of our Areas take it on, either to complete the build or as a bought project to keep for themselves? Might be easy to share the cost/work. Are there any other ways we could all pitch in or is this pushing the limits of logistics, project management, costs, shared ownership...?

There are a few bids on, so maybe someone from the WSCC or someone who will maybe become a member.

If you can get it over here, I'll complete it for him. Not sure if driving it from here to the IVA test station counts as "nearest" :)

I'd be tempted to say if I could clear a little more space and us could get it to me, I'd like to have a project for over the winter.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.