Westfield Megabusa 2008 - SOLD

Frosty

For sale is my 2008 Westfield Megabusa. I don't get the time to use it anymore, and as much as I'd love to keep it, it's not fair to the car to only get used once per month when it could be making someone else very happy.

Car History:
I purchased this car as a kit in December 2007, and then SVA'd and road registered in May 2008. The idea was to have a car which was fully road legal, but with the focus around track performance. The car has covered 4,500 miles, and has been extremely good fun in building, maintaining, and of course driving.

You can view the entire build diary here:

Engine history:
The engine is from a 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa. The engine was supplied by Yorkshire Engines as a full kit with just 860 miles on the clock, so it's a very fresh engine. The engine has been cared for very well, run EXCLUSIVELY on Silkolene Pro 4T 10w40 fully synthetic oil (the expensive stuff), oil changed very regularly, and have only ever been used with the standard Suzuki ECU. No Power Commanders or anything else to raise the rev limit. These engines last a very long time when kept standard, so that's exactly what I have done.

Upgrades:
The car has the following modifications beyond the standard Megabusa specification:
* AP Racing Westfield 4 pot front brake kit
* Nitron adjustable suspension
* Westfield full FIA approved roll cage (made by Caged)
* Westfield inboard front anti roll bar
* Westfield rear anti roll bar
* Race Technology Dash2 digital dash
* 6" decat silencer designed for 98dB (original silencer also supplied for MOTs)
* Trickshifter (for clutchless upshifts and downshifts)
* Compomotive CXR 13" x 7" wheels with Toyo R888 tyres (good tread depth all round)
* Mintex 1144 rear brake pads
* Limited slip diff
* 3.1 diff to allow for higher top speed of around 130mph. Standard 3.38 diff only allows 118mph.
* Westfield reverse box

Price:

Sold

Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurencefrost/sets/72157635280810707

• 4 weeks later...

I think you should break it.. I'll buy the wheels, cage, decat and dampers off you :d ... GLWTS, your website has been a great help in building my car :)

I think you should break it.. I'll buy the wheels, cage, decat and dampers off you :d ... GLWTS, your website has been a great help in building my car :)

Buy the Trickshifter too and we have a deal LOL :)

Thanks for your comments on the website. At points it seemed like a chore after a 1am finish in the garage, but it was worth the extra effort - it's a good thing to look back on.

I already have a trickshifter ... Still in a box though :p if you do decide to sell anything seperately please do give me a shout :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.