LSD's

scott beeland

My sierra lsd has never been properly identified since fitting (tag unreadable). It is a 2.9 4x4 diff and this leads me to believe it's a 3.36!!!

This is obviously holding me back now I've started in speed series. What's the best option  to go for now? as far as types go. ATB? Plate? another viscous?. I will probably go 3.9 (4.1 and above will probably sacrifice some of my cars road tractability).

Been searching net. Quaife obviously looks good; but on reading justtheone.net it seems there are extra costs involved in output flanges etc.

Any advice?

I'd reccommend (and I use) the Quaife ATB, as does Windy. IIRC, Windy seems to know what to do with it...........The XR4x4 diff is a 3.62.......

Quaiffe ATB here as well  :D  :D  ;)

Weren't some XR4x4 fitted with 3.9 as well  ???  ???  ???  ???  my memory loss sets in  ;)  :)  being an old fart

Ours came off a 2.9 Granada too.  It's a 3.62  - If you can't count the actual teeth, just count the turns.  You'll get the right answer, 'cos it's usually easy to see if it's  3<3.5    3.5 <4  etc.

IIRC, the 3.9 diff was fitted to the later 4 cylinder 2.0l 4x4, as opposed to the earlier V6 2.8/2.9, like wot I'm trying to flog......

Scott,

The bike engine guys will snap your old one up. But you need to check it is a 3.36 first. If you want me to put it on the BEC group on Yahoo let me know.

Nick

It is a 2.9 4x4 diff and this leads me to believe it's a 3.36!!!

It's a 3.62.........same as what's in my 2.9 XR4x4.........