Buying a house next to a play area

boris77

Fantastic Smokey, the ones we are looking at are opposite the other play area - plots 133,134,135. (The L.E.A.P area, whatever that stands for!)

I tried finding the info on the planning site but I guess I was putting in the wrong search params as I never found those documents.

Interesting on the colour scheme, never knew that regarding rentals and the like.

Brilliant stuff! I knew asking here I'd get some useful answers.

LEAP = Local Area Equipped for Play :)

This is the drawing for the landscaping to that area it wouldn't be as worried about undesirables in that part of the development :)

http://planning.babergh.gov.uk/doldp/59074_3.pdf

Last week they were only just putting the drains in for the properties opposite so i'll guess it'll be a few more weeks before they make a start on those properties and start digging their foundations. If you decide to buy let me know which one you go for and I'll make sure I look at it properly :oops::d

HTH

LEAP = Local Area Equipped for Play :)

This is the drawing for the landscaping to that area it wouldn't be as worried about undesirables in that part of the development :)

http://planning.babergh.gov.uk/doldp/59074_3.pdf

Last week they were only just putting the drains in for the properties opposite so i'll guess it'll be a few more weeks before they make a start on those properties and start digging their foundations. If you decide to buy let me know which one you go for and I'll make sure I look at it properly :oops::d

HTH

Thanks again. :yes:  I've been working my way through the documents, interesting stuff. I'll let you know if we go for it.  :)

My parents live next to kiddies play area/equipment.  It's a nice area and I find that it encourages more young families to live around but that might not always be the case.  One or two incidents of youths gathering to drink but again, its a nice area, so definitely not an ongoing issue.

Ball into the garden is fairly regular.  They own a lot of footballs which I have benefitted from too.  He had to oil the swings a few times because the screeching was getting annoying.

Massive positive it that we can just trot outside with my daughter for her to have fun.