New newbie West Mids

NickNick

Thanks for the warm welcomes' guys.

I'm still trying to shift my current toy to make room for a Westy. I'm looking for something with a Zetec with a tame 150bhp-ish until I get bitten by the bug and start playing around with cams, Remaps and other goodies.

Watch this space....

Hi Nick

I'm now based in Oldbury and have driven my westfield around brum for nearly 10years without major mishap - possibly the worse was losing the exhaust pipe on first cylinder during a blat around Ludlow, bridgenorth and Kiddy - trying to nurse it home even with minimal revs certainly turned some heads.

Anyhow, welcome to club

Alistair

Alistair, have you met guest?

Alistair, have you met guest?

Nope and don't plan too until i've cleaned off what look like yellow fiberglass rub marks on my tow car that appeared a few months ago

:d

:)  :)

I had to read that to HM, but couldn't as I was laughing so much!

May I remind you of the declaration you agree to when accessing the club.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Message Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law.

I, as have many, can get relaxed when posting here. The relaxed atmosphere is what has kept me posting. As a non-commissioned officer and advocate of the British army, as well as a representative of the NMC, I have to remain professional at all times.

However I found that this private club of enthusiasts have me sanctuary from having to remain professional, being constantly monitored and reminded of the laws that I must follow. I felt relaxed and able to be what I wanted to be, not have all my actions critiqued. This allowed my heart to type what I felt was a neutral response, not follow strict guidelines on typing and correct use of the English language.

Unfortunately this has ended and I shall no longer post. I feel as if I have been a burden to the forum and caused an excess of vigilance for many of the moderators.

I would like to inform people of the ten point system. Where an action may cause you to have points. There is a maximum of ten points, however when points are awarded they will be rescinded after 30 days. But there will be a permanent record held by the moderation team.

Stephen, lighten up my friend.

The person who can't laugh at themselves is a very poor person. I always take the view that if people laugh at me then that's good. I know we are all a joke to someone so we may as well let them laugh at us and join in.

• Like 1

Never wished to cause offence and here's a headline that will hopefully support Stephen's views on local driving standards - "Some hapless learners have failed their driving test more than 21 times in Birmingham"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-learner-drivers-fail-test-5711093

I hasten to add I passed my test in Nottingham

I would suggest similar stats can be produced for any major city in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

A nice warm welcome to our new member fellas !!

Wonder if he's asked for a refund yet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick

I've lived in Birmingham for all my life and I'm no spring chicken.

Apart from throwing a motorbike up the road a couple of times I can't say I've come close to having an accident, so I can't see how anyone can say it's more dangerous here than in any other city.

This is just a personal viewpoint, but I think the biggest problem on busy and congested city roads are people that come from small towns that just can't cope with the volume of traffic.

My cars not built yet, but am working hard to get out there

Ime brummy born and bred - live just north of now int countryside

Yes there are ignorant idiots driving around the city but no worse than any other

I do 50k+ pa,mostly down to london and theyre everywhere

I see lots of sevens in london but for the life of me cant understand why you would want to sit in a city centre in a sports car designed for and then bought by the owner to enjoy the open road

The only reason ille take it into brum is to blat it through the tunnels :)

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Club and hope you can find the car of your dreams.

If you need any assistance there is the Warwickshire Area ( We meet at the Falcon Inn ( Hatton ) on the 3rd Thursday of every month.

Where abouts in the West Midlands are you ?

I'm sure there are plenty of local members who will be willing and able to take you out and give you the benefit of their advice.

Regards,

Steve

The person who can't laugh at themselves is a very poor person. I always take the view that if people laugh at me then that's good. I know we are all a joke to someone so we may as well let them laugh at us and join in.

Life and the world would be so much better with this ethos - well said Norman, :yes:

Welcome to the club Nick - everyone here is very helpful and friendly with years of good advice. :d