The New Carbon Bajan Rum Challenger is Complete

gee_fin

After a mammoth pooled effort, the day before shipping, the new Fluke WR1C was completed.

A rather neat R1 install in an SEi.

wr1c_06.jpg

wr1c_16.jpg

wr1c_18.jpg

wr1c_21.jpg

Thanks in no small part to Mr Cooper, Hodder, Bunn, Palmer and Barney the car has made port in time to make this years Carnival where we're hoping to give the locals a thing or two to worry about.

Full spec and breakdown of the car with photos is available at

www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/profiles/cars_wr1c.html

Usual updates on the site, Pistonheads and Circuit Driver when the event kicks off in late May. We're also lucky to have two fellow WSCC members coming along to be our spanner monkeys so I'm sure they'll have a thing or two to post :)

And just for Gary, here you go mate -

640.1284.Dsc00201-1.jpg

The master at work. Hope the karting went well ;)

Graeme.

Well done all, you really should post a pic of what it looked like a week ago.  :D

Good Luck.

Shouldn't there be an 'i' somewhere on that filter? :p

Well done boys hope you get a good result

will the event be shown on sky again?

Ditto 'Wotbox' on the picky's

Buzz :(

Haven't weighed it yet - not had a chance! I'm trying to be realistic though, with screen, cage, big rims and heavy 32s I would expect somewhere in the 420-440kg region wet. We've got to get the car up to the minimum 600kg weight for the Texaco Rally (the second event) so we've shipped 200kg of lead with the car - it's going to be fun trying to find out where we can put it!

The event will be on Sky again, much later in the year though. This one is going to be big - full foreign entry sold out in thirty minutes with a backup list as long as the entries.

I still have no idea how we're going to hear pace notes over the noise of that thing mind you :D

Graeme.

f**k me  :(  there are some ugly gits in those pics  :(  :durr:  :arse:  ;) i allways said glasses are a sign of age especialy glasses with silly bits of string on em so you dont loose em ,thats also a very good sign of altsimers dissease or summat like that  :arse:  :durr:

Looks good - but dont forget your windscreen wipers and rear numberplate  ;)

Good luck in the event

John

Graeme

The link to your car ain't working :(  on the Fluke website?

I'd like to know more about the cage. ;)

Andy

P.S. Looks the dog's :devil:

Barbados, Fast Cars, Lots of Rum, Plenty of Bootey. :love:  :love:  :love:  Maybe next year. :zzz:

Good Luck Graeme  :D  :D  :D  Catch you when you get back on stuff  ;)  :D  ;)

is that Bunny's semi-intelligent look  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  ;)  Ludwig Van Bunny  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

Page is up again, temporary inconvenience passed :)

Cage is from Custom Cages in Daventry. Been mentioned before on threads on here, it's a drive the car there, leave for a week, drive the car back with a full cage affair. T45, bolt in, powder coated, sets you back about £1,000. Very light, very stiff, very strong.

Graeme.

t45 very brittle  :0 allegidly  :0 basically, although more expensive alloys may have higher yield strengths than carbon steel in CDS tubing ,they are also stiffer and ,as is often the case with stiff materials are more brittle as a consequence .there properties also degrade during welding and ,all in all they might allow a stiffer lighter cage ,they are less able to do there primary job - especially in an accident that invlves multiple impacts -withstands one impact but several can cause snapping  :0 ask saftey devices ,something to do with weight over saftey or summat  :0  :love: sticks and stone's  but you would not want a 2" piece of T45 sticking through your arm would you  :(  :p oh yes and i can see mr hodder has even got an orange bucket errr orange the sign of the devil  :devil:

Whilst I agree that T45 could provide less protection in a secondary impact. The Custom Cages Roll cage is tagged and FIA approved so it should be up the job. In my opinion (and thats all it is  :p ) is far safer than a Westfield FIA bar.

Can you guess who else has one  :)

I believe they are 820 quid plus the vat fitted for a bolt in powder coated cage.

Cheers

Bazzer

Thats not a bucket Mr D!!

Thats my quick fix body repair kit!!

Every time I break the car I cut a bit off the bucket and rivet it over the offending crack!!

And on that subject, loads of thans to Stevie Smith and Rocket Ron and others for their stirling work helping getting it patched up for the timed runs at Croft!!

I'm off now to buy more buckets!!

Delboy !