I'm going to put my big foot in my big mouth - again!

Norman Verona

What happened to the friendly forum I recently joined?

you will allways get the odd spat whatever the forum ,from the parrot fanciers.com to Gay lovers in redding  forums you will always find someone who reacts to summat,thats life ,its how its dealt with that matters and how it ends ,usually with kisses and hugs

Well, I never complained about Marty's post, others did.

I have tried to send hugs and kisses, but don't get a response.

WestyNottm, this is the most friendly club and forum there is. There are a few who get upset and start shooting from the hip instead of using the private message system.

Take no notice it's a storm in a teacup. It will blow over soon.

What happened to the friendly forum I recently joined?

In the past, the best way to get everyone nice'n'friendly again has been to post a picture of your dashboard layout and invite everyone to post admiring comments   ;)

In the past, the best way to get everyone nice'n'friendly again has been to post a picture of your dashboard layout and invite everyone to post admiring comments   ;)

Here goes!:

Interior

Maybe it's time someone said I was no longer welcome and I'll just go away. It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Norman you are most welcome on here , to state your opinions, to provoke debate, and to provide the stream of help that you provide.  There is nothing wrong with starting a discussion on 'performance vs looks' and stating your opinion. 

It broke down with what could easily have been read as a targeted and humourless  "drive the piece of **** that you have, and stop belly aching on here"...which could have done with a smiley icon, or not being posted....otherwise who's 'belly aching'?

...which could have done with a smiley icon, or not being posted....otherwise who's 'belly aching'?

Like this - "Norm, you're not welcome here ..  :cry:   :p   ;) " .. .. .. .. .. .. .. this IS a joke for all those who don't do subtlety (just in case I start a fresh war, lol)

This dash is pretty special and everything there is purely to enhance performance...

Brian, that is nice.

I designed (well drilled holes where I thought they should be) my dash so I can read the important dials, tacho, oil pressure and water temperature through the wheel with the smallest eye movement. Then the switches used whilst driving went in a circle around the wheel. It looks a bit of a mess but is practical. The other dials (fuel, oil temperature and volts) are in the middle. 

seven20.jpg

.....from left to right, volts, fuel and oil temperature. The digital Speedo is the oblong meter below oil temp. The switches are, from left to right, (top) rad fan override, (bottom) aircraft style ignition, key ignition, BIG RED starter, the silver button is horn and above is the left indicator button. The big white warning light above the oil pressure gauge is low oil pressure (lights at 35psi) The two tiny switch & button below horn button are the programme switches for tacho. On the far right are the right indicator button, the silver push switch is the on/off Speedo switch, and the small red button is the Speedo programme button. The 3 silver toggles are light, headlight flash and dip. The socket with the plug and wire is for battery conditioner and, finally, the battery isolator switch (without big red key). The dash was redesigned in 2007 and can be seen in the Accident rebuild pages

Ed to add that it's slightly different now but the principle is the same. I moved some of the switches and din socket to a plate (carbon of course) under the dash. There's the switches for adjust the shift lights (in the tacho) and the din socket (for the battery conditioner) and something else (which I can't remember)

ed to further add this is what it looks like now, a right royal mess.

accident175.jpg

Tigger's old dash from Mellow Yellow I think...still going strong, looking good and not too cluttered.

dash