I'm going to put my big foot in my big mouth - again!

Norman Verona

Dave, shall we agree to disagree. 

I do understand you and sometimes I feel I want to put my car back to the way it was. Then I get on an open wide road and open it up and all those thoughts leave me.

If I've won the lottery this week I may well buy a bog standard new 7 so I can have the best of both worlds. However I'll keep this one. I don't throw things away, I've kept a wife for 45 years and have no intention of discarding her. I hope she feels the same :)

Norm, kudos to you sir.. A ripe old age and you still prioritise both performance and looks whereas most would have succumbed to practicality by now :)

I do not recall saying or writing that I disliked Caterham owners, or anyone else for that matter

However the title of this piece invokes a certain mischief, so why run for cover when someone challenges

group hug !!!

Marty, I never run for cover, you should have realised that.

drive the piece of **** that you have, and stop belly aching on here.

Isn't very friendly so I take it you don't like Caterhams for some reason, It therefore follows that as a Caterham is an inanimate object you don't like the owners either.

Anyway, I don't take offence, you remind me of HM "I don't like Jaguars" She's never had one, never driven one, but doesn't like them. 

What a great thread.. as someone with a cross flow and straight cut gear box I have to vaseline myself into nearly I can say that I would love more performance (i know i'm the limiting factor) and I would like a few cosmetic additions as well..... the fastest cars are often the least from concours (Tim Pennington and last years Stu Hill for example) bleedin quick but not "shiny".

What I think should be remembered is that we are all on a forum for the love of motoring and the spirit of having an expensive small car that few people get to enjoy.  I have made many friends on here, and in person, in the last 18 months, martyblues included and Norman from afar...  the sentiment expressed in a short written post can be misconstrued but I am sure MArtin is not being offensive.

We have a great club and great members.... 

Anyway back on topic - i'm off to paint my tyre writing white.........  (ducking for cover)  :d

• Like 1

Marty, I never run for cover, you should have realised that.

Isn't very friendly so I take it you don't like Caterhams for some reason, It therefore follows that as a Caterham is an inanimate object you don't like the owners either.

Anyway, I don't take offence, you remind me of HM "I don't like Jaguars" She's never had one, never driven one, but doesn't like them.

i think he's suggesting (maybe in not quite the right way) that you spend a bit less time inciting arguments on here and frivolously posting and maybe instead spend bit more time enjoying driving your car like the rest of us do.

Mark, I've made an opinion on "stuff and Nonsense", what's wrong?

On another thread you critisise me for following up on a humorous comment saying it doesn't help the OP. You haven't mentioned all the advice I've given.

I'm thick skinned and do not take offence. However my patience isn't limitless.

i think he's suggesting (maybe in not quite the right way) that you spend a bit less time inciting arguments on here and frivolously posting and maybe instead spend bit more time enjoying driving your car like the rest of us do.

i knew it would take an essex boy to hit the nail on the head....

hear hear smokey..

Wheres Filfan with some vodka jelly when you need some..... :p   I know I do....

Mark, I've made an opinion on "stuff and Nonsense", what's wrong?

On another thread you critisise me for following up on a humorous comment saying it doesn't help the OP. You haven't mentioned all the advice I've given.

I'm thick skinned and do not take offence. However my patience isn't limitless.

My crtiticism was to you (and others) for dragging that thread off topic. Whist it may have been posted in stuff and nonsense, rather than in tech talk or newbies where it probably should have been it was quite clearly a technical topic and one where there was an still is an issue to be resolved.

I have made no comment about yourself on this thread ??? other than give an interpretation on Marty's post

1. performance

2. looks

if you have seen my westy you will know...

Mark, I read the criticism as being of me. 

I'm really not bothered but just find it annoying that you make a comment like that after I've give some advice and join in a joke.

I respect you for your knowledge and detail on MX5's. You are really a fountain of good, useful knowledge. I understand why you may dislike me. I said something about local authorities which you took personally. The only think that irks, and I accept that I deserved the criticism, was that many others said the same but you singled me out. As an ex motor trader if I took exception to all those who criticised franchise dealers I wouldn't have any friends on here.

Maybe it's time someone said I was no longer welcome and I'll just go away. It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

This thread is typical of what I don't like about forums, unfortunately different people read posts and take the comments in different ways, where as face to face a sarcastic or cheaky comment can be judged by the look on someones face. :(