I'm going to put my big foot in my big mouth - again!

Norman Verona

The biggest performance reducer, or enhancer, is the driver.

However, if straight statistics on club membership are anything to go by, less than 5% of them are focused on outright performance, i.e. Speed Series.

If the member's Westfield puts on smile on their face, I'd say it's performing at 100% efficiency.

• Like 1

Nonsense Norm - people can do whatever they want with their cars, and as members should be able to freely discuss it on here. As long as they don't mind having the p*ss taken if they fit his and hers harness pads

fixed that for you wuv

2. Uncalled for Marty.

Agreed, way out of line, please be respectful in the same way you'd never say something like that to someone in the pub. :(

• Like 1

Our Sevens are a reflection of our own individual personalities. Show and shine,speed series,road warrior,back lane cruising. Who cares...we drive um...we love um...

• Like 3

I, for one, enjoy the fact that the Westfield draws a varied group of admirers/owners. Some like to have theirs as a stripped, balls out track monster. others, a fast road toy with occasional track excursions and others, an ultimate B-road cruise machine with a bit of poke when needed!

Just look at the early styling of clamshell wings, red with cream interior / cream with red interior or the ubiquitous BRG with tan interior. Then you have the wonderful sponsor liveried speed series chaps .. for someone looking to buy a Westfield, what more of an attraction can you get!

Some people stick things on, others take things off. One could argue, who's more anal - example; the owner who fabricates an extra luggage rack on top of the spare wheel for touring or the owner puts nitrogen in their tyres because it's lighter than air for sprints! To me, neither! 

• Like 3

mine's just a chick magnet

mine's just a chick magnet

Hence your reputation as the club's stud muffin, the thinking woman's bap  :cool:  :yes:  :d 

You are a chick - well at least 3 of the letters are right :oops:

I'll say it again, I'll say it large letters and in bold print.

I said that some owners choose to upgrade because for cosmetic reasons AT THE DETRIMENT OF PERFORMANCE

I am not saying we should all spend every last penny we have on nothing but performance enhancement, that we should all join the speed series, I'm not saying we shouldn't make our cars look nice (as in the eye of the beholder. If you want to put blue lights under the car and furry dice hanging from the interior mirror that's your choice). However, there does seem to be a few questions asked on Tech Talk and when the answer is given, based on the best performance option, the questioner opst for something else because "I like the look of it better" or " I don't want to do that as it will spoil the looks".

I have no problem with criticism of my opinion, but, please criticise what I have said, not what I have not said.

As far as Marty is concerned he's entitled to his opinion. If the club itself (as in committee and many members) felt the same I wouldn't be here. One of the reason I was going to leave the L7C   was the constant degrading comments about Westfield owners and many thought that anyone who didn't agree with their views were sub human. 

Just out of interest Marty, do you feel the same about JeffC?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions in here, as long as they are presented in a polite and respectful manner - we bill ourselves as "the friendly club".

I think that's enough on that bit, and let's stick to the subject. :)

I'm sure for many that built their car they have a bond with the motor. some will want to make it pretty in their eyes to get satisfaction. and others get satisfaction out of bhp per tonne upgrade. and all those in between.

the beauty of these cars is we can almost do what we like with them :)

I, for one, enjoy the fact that the Westfield draws a varied group of admirers/owners. Some like to have theirs as a stripped, balls out track monster. others, a fast road toy with occasional track excursions and others, an ultimate B-road cruise machine with a bit of poke when needed!

Just look at the early styling of clamshell wings, red with cream interior / cream with red interior or the ubiquitous BRG with tan interior. Then you have the wonderful sponsor liveried speed series chaps .. for someone looking to buy a Westfield, what more of an attraction can you get!

Some people stick things on, others take things off. One could argue, who's more anal - example; the owner who fabricates an extra luggage rack on top of the spare wheel for touring or the owner puts nitrogen in their tyres because it's lighter than air for sprints! To me, neither! 

And this huge variation of owners is what makes the Boardroom the great place it is.

• Like 2