New Drill

ajpearson

Well makita it was

18v 1.3ah 2xLi-ion batteries for £99.99

Sounds like mine, what I paid for it. Screw fix?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• ajpearson

• Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

• User0083

It was Screw-Fix, was meant to be 99.99 just for the drill , and they had a second battery on a half price offer.

The problem was they managed to ring the second battery through for just 1p, oopsie put the guy did now, so it was not technically theft

:yes:

All good then

Mine was £100, two batteries and on offer... Think £150 or £200 reduced. So if not the same, very similar!

I got a drill bit set, makita, for £10 too... Was on offer if paid for with the drill.

Best drill/Drill bits I've ever had.

Ah...I understand its the 1.3Ah battery....the 3.0Ah are dearer.....

Yup, 3Ah are much more expensive and with two batteries i did not believe I needed one of those at the moment

Definitely do not get Ni-Cd or NiMh battery powered stuff anymore, however cheap. Li-Ion all the way now.

Li-Ion batteries, and the various versions thereof, hold their charge so much better between use, so occasional home stuff is best served by Li-Ion. They are lighter for same power / capacity as well. Don't store them flat, charge them first before putting away.