Westfield SE 2.0 Litre Zetec

Young Pretender

It pains me to do it but here goes..  My much loved car is now for sale.  I have to say it's quite a reluctant sale mainly due to the fact that I'll be moving house in the near future and won't have a garage to keep her safe, compounded by the fact that I won't have the time to use her and could also do with freeing up some cash.  I'm probably better off facing the fact that I should just return to Westy ownership in a few years time.  That said I only decided to sell it today so get in quick before I change my mind  :d

I bought her from Kelvedon Lotus, have owned her for getting on two years and have loved every minute.  The experience of owning this car has been more special than any car I've owned.  It is an astonishingly quick car that's not had trouble with any other seven or tin top I've come across. Never failed to put a smile on my face and always turns heads (if you're into that sort of thing).

Some basic details:

• Tax until end October
  • MOT until 30 April 2014
  • Mileage 11,000
  • 1993 registered and rebuilt 2003

General Specification: (there's probably more but here's the list)

• Westfield SE
  • Therefore it's narrow bodied
  • Live axle
  • Post office red - people often comment how this example looks a lovely deep red not pink or orange!
  • 2.0Ltre Blacktop Zetec (Ford Focus Engine)
  • Twin Webber 45 Carburretors
  • Pipercross airfilter
  • Ford Type 9 Gearbox with quickshift
  • Quick Steering rack
  • 3.89 Differential 
  • Heat wrapped exhaust
  • 166bhp - Northampton Motor Sports RR tuned
  • Suspension Geometry Set up - Northampton Motor Sports
  • Corner Weighted (544.1kgs) - Northampton Motor Sports

Other stuff:

• Team Dynamics Monza Black Alloys - 15"
  • Toyo R888 Tyres
  • Retro Ford Idler Pulley Set Up
  • Braided Fuel Hoses
  • Coppernickel fuel line (front to back - no need to worry about EU bioethanol in modern fuels)
  • Braided Brakelines
  • Willwood four pot calipers
  • Westfield Shocks & Springs
  • Dominator Headlamps
  • Carbon effect Dash
  • Carbon effect Rear Arch protectors
  • Carbon effect rear boot shelf 
  • Playskool MSA Approved Roll Bar (IMO this is better than RAC roll bar because it is taller and wider - draw a straight line between top of bar and front chassis then imagine where your head would be if you were on your roof)
  • Ducted nose cone
  • Quick release front nose cone (dzus clips)
  • Quick release bonnet
  • Westfield race seats
  • Willans 4 point harnesses
  • Alpha 3D ignition ECU
  • Mountney quick release Steering wheel
  • Battery Cut off switch 
  • Race start
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Westfield Fuel Tank
  • Racetech centre mirror
  • Racetech side mirrors
  • Aero Dynamix Double Bouble Aeroscreen
  • VDO gauges
  • Oil Catch tank

edited to add:  I also have a widscreen and side doors that I've removed after recently fitting the aeroscreen.  It could be easily converted back if that was your preference.

A brief history:

It originally had a Ford Crossflow engine and was converted by a previous owner in 2003 to a zetec along with many other improvements.  Seemingly no expense was spared as I have a folder full of receipts.  I also have lots of old paperwork, a diary of things done on the car and loads of photos.

Since my ownership I have been well and truly caught by upgradeitis with most of the new additions specified above, mainly to put my stamp on it.  I have also undertaken a rear axle rebuild, essentially removing the differential and having it refurbished by Road and Race transmissions in Kent. They replaced the crown and pinion gear as well as the bearings and seals and obviously a full reset.  I took the same opportunity to have the half shafts refurbished and the wheel bearings replaced so it basically wants for nothing!  The rear brakes were tip top so I didn't need a change.

I've done various other bit's of maintenance which are all detailed in the diary. Just to add that she gets regular oil changes.

I used to be a keen detailer so I have given her the full works including machine polish , glaze, wax etc which is partly why she looks so good.

Nearly forgot to mention my trip to Northampton Motorsport.  For those reading this that don't know they are a hugely reputable firm that see many fantastic cars through their doors.  We spent 3 hours on the rollers and truly transformed the power delivery giving it a very 'perky' response right through the rev range.  Also had the suspension geometry done and had her corner weighted with me in the drivers seat to balance the car evenly over all four wheels.  Needless to say much of the cars ability is owed to NMS.

It originally weighed 548.1 kilos without me in it (I weigh 75) and I have fastidiously weighed every single thing that I have removed or added to the car so can confidently say she is now 544.1 kilos and therefore over 300bhp/ton.

Hopefully that gives a flavour.  I'm more than happy to answer any questions so either drop me a PM or email markassima(at)hotmail(dot)com.  I'll happily give out my telephone number to have a chat.

£8350

Based in Maidstone, Kent.

Cheers
Mark

IMG_2388_zps60db38d7.jpg
IMG_2393_zps89f449e9.jpgIMG_2398_zpsd8f46875.jpgIMG_2403_zps547553bf.jpg
IMG_2395_zps67a34dab.jpgIMG_2407_zps8a4813bb.jpgIMG_2413_zpsc3d44302.jpgIMG_2416_zps938186d4.jpgIMG_2418_zpsfc1931bb.jpg
IMG_2389_zpsc3b712d8.jpg

Cheers James, I've edited the advert to add that I have a windscreen and side doors to go with it if that's preferred.

Hi Thanks for the nod but I do not want a Live Axle I'm afraid.

Nice  car and good price.

Cheers.

Jeff

Looks like a complete set up, not much room for upgraditis, beautiful!

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an action vid at Brands.  The footage is just with an iPhone so doesn't look as fast as with Gpro wide angles lenses but gives an idea..

This is also when the car had a windscreen which makes quite a difference.  I reckon it would be considerably quicker down the main straight now.

I've decided to keep it!

Or, I should say, my wife has decided I should keep it.  Something about me being unbearable without it!

Will have to buy car cover and save hard for my garage build  :d  :d

• Like 3

YP - the big puppy dog eyes worked then......

Jon & James

Great news... you know it makes sense :-) 

YP - the big puppy dog eyes worked then......

Jon & James

Yes my friend, a few days sulking was all that was needed :laugh: .. To be fair to my better half she was against it from the start.  Hope you're both keeping well, had the car out on track yet?

Great news... you know it makes sense :-) 

Yep it was a mad moment  :d

Yes my friend, a few days sulking was all that was needed :laugh: .. To be fair to my better half she was against it from the start.  Hope you're both keeping well, had the car out on track yet?

Track day at Keevil in June, very enjoyable and itching to go on another asap, perhaps Hullavington next month, will have to convince SWMBO first though.....

I've decided to keep it!

Or, I should say, my wife has decided I should keep it. Something about me being unbearable without it!

Will have to buy car cover and save hard for my garage build :d:d

I was wondering if you would cope!

It looks a great car.

And from talking to you at Stoneleigh it was clearly a big part of you.

Thanks mate, I've no idea what I was thinking really.  I've been about about 5 times in as many days.. really got the bug!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.