Donington Results

DickieB

For anyone interested, here is my version of how I got on this weekend! There were 45 Locosts with a heat and final on both days.

Saturday:

Qualified 9th, therefore went straight in to the final (no heat). Finished the final 9th (I actually dropped to about 14th off the start (too much wheelspin) and had to get back up to 9th)

Sunday:

Start positions were taken from fastest laps from the day before’s race (bizarrely).

I started the heat in 8th position and finished in 2nd (just couldn’t get past the leader).

I then started the final in 15th place, moved up to 5th, and was all over the back of 4th place (with 6th place miles back). Unfortunately going in to Redgate on the last lap, I got a little too “all over the back” of him, and cracked the nose cone and holed the radiator. Race over for me (4th place chap was OK).

So there you have it. Was I disappointed? - only a little (by the time the tow truck got me back to the pits!;).  The weekend was massive fun, and I did far better than I could have hoped for. Roll on Sat 12 Apr at Brands Hatch.

My thanks to Mark Stanton for providing “support services” (aka campervan, food and beer) and to Tommo and Rob Navin for coming up to watch.

See you all at a Speed Series round soon.

Richard Brown

Well done Matey, that is a brilliant result.

Bet you're glad you made the jump to proper racing?....daft question...!!!

Regards

Linds

Richard,

Those results are truely excellent for your first ever race. Well done! What of Nick Lear ?

JL

well done ******* ,all you need now is a propper car  ;) what the hells a locost is that like a formula 27 or summat  :0  :(  :p

Sorry, I thought I’d left my results in Mark’s campervan. Nick Lear’s results:

Sat:

Qualified 30th

Heat - grid position 17th, finished - 14th I think - they ran out of result sheets.

Final - finished 19th

Sun:

Qualified 27th taken from Sat’s fastest race lap

Heat - grid position 14th, finished 12th

Final - grid position 25th, finished 21st

Unlike me, Nick did not crash, and finished all 4 of his races!

A Locost is a cheap and basic Westfield.

Richard Brown

Top banana of a result Richard my old mate.

Kev.

I  have just spoken with Nick on the phone and now I see your posting.  Congratulations to you both!

The bug must have bitten - do I hear of imminent power inducing modifications?

Had hoped to get along to offer support but the need to move an engine from the garage floor back into a Westfield took priority.  Maybe catch up with you both at one of the future rounds.

Keith the Teeth :D

Well done Richard. That is most impressive for your first race. You will be winning soon. I am glad you decided not to do the Westfield championship now, you would probably beating me by mid season. Keep it up and look forward to hearing about the next one.

p.s. our first race is Easter Monday 21st April (3 weeks time) and my car is still in bits. mmmmm...

Keith

Where are you? I am on leave from Fri 11 Apr and assuming Brands Hatch goes ok on 12 Apr, I could have some spare time if you're not too far from W London

Richard

Not far. I am in Milton Keynes. Thanks for the offer but I am sure (... I Think...) I will be ok. There's nothing like a dead line to make me get my finger out. The main thing to do is get some alli welding done which I will do this week. Then its just a matter of putting it back together and set it up.

May be see you at one of the races.