A long winter in the garage

Kev Bamber

What have we all been working during the winter and what demon mods are we gonna see get wheeled out this season??

I Know details of one or two, but a year off for me unless I can blag a drive here & there......

Arrive & drive is just great!!!!

Hi Richard, ta for the email, I'll be along to see you at one of your circuit events this season - looks well in the picture.

I've managed to shed 60kg off the car to get it under 500kg, then gone and put some of that back on me with comfortable living!

Also junked the xflow, fitted a Rover K and found another 50bhp - had it dyno'd a fortnight ago and was seeing 185bhp at 7900rpm and the power was still climbing.

oh & a decent SCCR gearbox, so I'm not left with huge gaps between my ratios any more.

Kev

Hi Graham your car looks well u must be  very pleased with it.What a transformation!

I unfortunately have mine in a thousand bits at the moment. U just can't rely on some poeple to keep 'promised' delivery dates. :p  I should have my XE block back this saturday with its new insert/helicoil done, but I'm not holding out much hope! so its off to Donnington then.

I've got 4 weekends to put my car back together and I mean back together. It looks like its just been delivered from the factory in kit form :(  plus I've got to get a least 300-500 miles of 'running in' done and make sure there's no teathing problems.

The only real up dates are ATB(Quaife), machined set of pistons, ARB's(Plays-Kool Msport) new paddle clutch/bearing and general strip and clean :0 that's the car of course.

Must admit I haven't driven the car since Sept last year and with the weather in Yorkshire at the moment I'd love to be out there largin' it, but I have to suffice by rolling it out on to the drive and just sitting in the thing and chillin' out with the good ole' Beach Boys :) playing in the back ground. Of course my friends look on bemused wondering why I'm sitting in a 4 wheeled climbing frame  :arse:

I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody at the 1st SS @ 3 Slippers on the 6th April altho' I will not be competing myself as 4 the reasons above +  I don't like the place (cause' I can't drive!!;) but just looking 4ward to seeing everybody's improvements to their car plus the usual comradarie of verbal abuse and enjoyment :p  ;)

C U all soon

Buzz :(

Kev,

You know what I've been doing  :D ...and its not finished yet  :( I will be testing your winter garage workmanship soon for you  :)

See you at 3 sisters

:love:

JL

Not alot make a slick car into road going car, bit of more than i can thuw ???

as you all know very orange :)

learning to drive

:sheep:

Swivel mechanism fitted to passenger front seat of mobile tent  :D  ;)  :D  Now have an extra arnchair to relax in  :D  :D  ;)

oh and one or two tweaks and fettles to my Westfield as well .......... one things for sure ........... you'd better wear dark glasses ..........  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D

Swivel mechanism fitted to passenger front seat of mobile tent  :D  ;)  :D  Now have an extra arnchair to relax in  :D  :D  ;)

oh and one or two tweaks and fettles to my Westfield as well .......... one things for sure ........... you'd better wear dark glasses ..........  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D

no flashing please mark. :cool:

In the quest to save weight I have put a light weight washer bottle onto mine.

That should make the difference.

Does any body know where I can buy light weight water to fill it ?

I have also taken steps to stop the car running out of petrol on events.  After serious discussions I have put a smaller petrol tank in it.  It sounded a much better idea after a few Stella's.

Rob Try putting the water through a Britter water filter that should save you some weight :D

Had a complete nightmare in the off season have only just got the car back from courtney sport everything went wrong we just couldn't get the ecu to work with the new turbo. but sorted now see ya at 3 slappers.

phil

Rob,you could always fill it with diet coke........

the water bottle or the driver take your pick,bet your stones

cant break my greenhouse windows.. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Rubble..

ps only a few things done to westie,roll on 3  

slappers :devil:  :devil:

Hi Graham your car looks well u must be  very pleased with it.What a transformation!

Absolutely chuffed to bits with it Buzz.

I'm umming and aahing as to whether I devise a quick release system for the cycle wings as i'll never be able to get the wheels off with them on, or to just space the wings up so the wheels can come out easily.