How long would you wait for payment?

Norman Verona

Spend it on a holiday Norman. :yes:  You need it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• User0083

• ajpearson

• FILFAN

But where can I go on a grass cutting holiday?

Or a tile laying holiday.

Or a bush and tree cutting holiday.

Or a wine drinking holiday (not to mention the cider).

Oh, I know, La Foie.

A holiday is for doing something different.   May I suggest Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Sabah.    You should both get a week for £2k.  Flight is the costly bit but it's cheap for everything else.

Sooty they're all in foreign places.

Aj, I spent all my childhood summers at Constantine, near Falmouth. I'll bet it isn't as I remember it.

I'd doubt it, but there is a very good whisky shop in Constantine, and I have lawns to mow, trees to cut, cars to tinker with, tiles to lay and loads more jobs in the next two weeks

So have I. :)

Go on a cruise Norman, I know a company! All the wine you can drink... If you can disable your pallet. You go to lots of places, but you won't have time to soak up the atmosphere and have a glass of wine before the boat leaves!

I am happy you've had the money. Now wait for "how long do you wait for collection" thread to start in three weeks!

Stephen, We've done the cruise thing. We were on one of the last Med cruises on the Canberra.

It was like being in prison, but worse, the inmates were free to roam around the prison and they all seemed to want us to join in theier activities.

We got on and put our stuff away in our expensive sea view cabin, the one with a lifeboat hanging right outside. I could see the sky and a bit of deck but I have to take the captains word that the sea was out there.

We then went down to the main deck and got coffees. HM goes trotting off and comes back with a big smile and a fistful of tickets. What's that I inquire. Tickets for the day trips when we stop at places. Oh, that's good says I. She then gives that silly smile that women  use when they've spent money. She handed me the credit card slip. After she picked me off the floor she tries to convince me it isn't that expensive, what else could I do with £600.

Never again, never, ever, never, even if it was all free.

by the way that was 21 years ago, it was for our 25th anniversary but we did it a year early as we had 3 friends get divorced after 24 years of marriage and she didn't want to miss out on the 25th cruise thingie. She still has all the paperwork, the daily bulletin about what happens today, the menus and all the other crap.