Scammonden

DAVE O

Halifax  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:

Its just off the M62 Junc 23 or 24 ?? Not tooo far from Saddleworth Moor  :(  :(

There's a couple of Travel Lodge / Inns about 15 mins away.

Camping is o.k if there's no wind or rain and we're having a heatwave and you like sheep  :sheep:  :sheep:  :blush:  :D  otherwise I'd recommend hotel, B&B or mobile tent.

Scenery is superb  :D  :D  :cool:  :)  and its a good little twisty hill.  :D  :cool:

Must be my 1938 AA road atlas that's sh*t . I was looking in the right area but it dosn't feature!

At least I now know I can over-night at my parents before the event as it's not too far from Sheffield!

Thanks Mark,

Dave O.

Its called Scammonden Water on my road atlas just to the left (west) of Huddersfield and south of Halifax.  ;)  :D  :)  :D  ;)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god !!!!! i am srarting to feel sick allready  :(  ;) orrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh me gut's

Pavement Pizza a Davies speciality  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:

Wierd no-one else suffered from food poisoning and evryone ate the same  :devil:  :D  :D  stuff  :D  :D  :devil: or was it something you picked up from Belgium  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  Mr D.

no no it was definetly british and robinson related  :0  ;)

If your using a 1938 AA road atlas, Scamonden Water won't be on it, as it wasn't there until the late 60's.  The dam was formed and incorporated into the construction of the M62.

So if your still looking for it on your 1938 AA road atlas, try looking a bit North West of Huddersfield at an empty, featureless bit of topography, you won't be far away.

Alternatinely, have a look here for some details.

I also have some useless facts and figures regarding that Pennine Way Bridge if anyone is interested.  It all stems from a having a Boss who as a wee lad set out that part of the M62 during it's construction.  And I'm not talking about Terry, he was too busy playing with electric motors, thinking to himself 'urm one day I'll have an internal combustion engine that can spin this fast'