baffled shallow sump zetec

Playo

The only way the an amateur can justify making one is if they enjoy it enough to not factor in there own hourly rate and put the overheads on the garage/welder/etc as existing ones.

Daniel

Not a Zetec but my sump cost me £15 from the scrapyard, ten minutes with a jigsaw and £30 for a local welder to weld the plate on  :t-up: , lots of sprints and a couple of trackdays and no surge issues. ;)  ;)

Not a Zetec but my sump cost me £15 from the scrapyard, ten minutes with a jigsaw and £30 for a local welder to weld the plate on  :t-up: , lots of sprints and a couple of trackdays and no surge issues. ;)  ;)

Yes, and I have cut and shut the sump on the cvh myself, although I do get mild oil-surge issues autotesting, there are no issues on road or track.

The main issue for the zetec is the sumps are cast aluminum rather than pressed steel (the later blacktop is a two part hybrid) hence your basically talking about tig-welding it.

That said, Dunnell have just quoted me an estimate of £80+vat to weld up a cracked weld in a secondhand sump of theirs, depending on how much work it is. Ouch!

Daniel

Call in at a local fabricators and ask what they can do in their lunch hour, they welded on a ally boss to my ally sump for £5 - the quality of the weld was amazing.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.