Yoko 32r's

scott beeland

Just got my 32r's for 3 sisters SS. Brand new unbuffed. Is it worth putting a few road miles on 'em before sprinting to bed them in or not?

In addition. Steve Polley advised to run at 16 psi cold. Any thoughts. VX 2 litre but not a heavy one :cool: Was thinking of 18psi???

When I get mine, I'll tell ya. I used to run my 215/40/16 539s at 16psi on the sprints and hills and that worked pretty good. However with a higher profile tyre I'm expecting to run a higher pressure to keep the sidewalls where I want them.

Scott

Did you get super softs then, or has the next batch arrived at Polleys?

Scott

I think that you will need to give them a bit of a burn to activate the relase agent.

Andy :t-up:

Hmm...I'd go along with that!

When I was karting at Reading, the first corner of the track was a flat out right hander, that had you fighting the back end on cold tyres (so an over-steery corner rather than an under-steery one).

The first time we changed tyres, I did my usual trick. Blasted out of the pit down the pit straight, and turned into the first corner as usual. I say I turned in, cos the #### kart didn't!

Luckily I managed to get the kart spun round so I went backwards onto the grass, down a hill and into the tyres (rather than forwards). All my mate Chris saw from his vantage point in the pits was me failing to exit the first corner, and a shower of tyres descending back to their normal position on the outside of turn 1!

Needless to say, I now know the dangers of driving on brand new tyres without giving them the chance to get some of that releasing agent removed!

Andy

Rob. Supersofts!! Neither polley/ south shore tyres or Yokohama HPT will have any until End April.... Too late for me :angry:

I'll get em shoe'd up for next week then when I'm off to break em in....

Just been to Deemon Thieth's 2day 7 they have 185's in Soft for £65inc VAT.