Best place to get gear?

BobM

Got my speed series stuff through this morning - now I'll need some overalls to stitch that nice little patch on :D

... and a helmet (current one is only BS6658 85 Type B)

... and some race numbers

... and a catch tank

I think I'm going to have to make a physical pilgrimage to somewhere, will need to try on helmet, ditto overalls.

Suggestions? Price is one issue but prhaps breadth of range of options/sizes etc. is more important. Obvious candidates for me are Demon Tweeks about 3 hours drive away, or Grand Prix Racewear, probably similar distance :( . I'm in Swansea.

Yep, Merlin sounds like a good idea, although there *must* be a rally gear supplier in South Wales somewhere.........

If you can, try to get to somewhere where you can try a selection of race suits on, then buy mail order from the cheapest place you can find when you have the right size.............

I did this, using GP Racewear to try out a few suits, then bought from Demon Tweeks after getting them to match the Rally Design price for an OMP 3 layer suit. Not as painful as it sounds, BUT I do live/work close to GP Racewear..........

Bob

Give Peter Lloyd Rallying a call they are in Bridgend,not sure what they stock but there ad in CCC lists sparco and they are usually good on price

Tel 01656724777

cheers

Peter

Grand Prix Racewear is just round the corner to me, I could pick any thing up for you.

I am going to get my new lid from Here they are the cheepest place I have found and free postage :0

*jp says nothing about the factory*

Unless someone has found a cheeper place ???