IOM 3 hills

windy

Dear all,

If you've managed to hold on long enough and not yet booked your ferry read on!

It does not appear that Mandy Manton has negotiated any deals on the ferries, only for combined ferry and accommodation packages. Same as last year then! :arse:  However I had a long conversation with David (Dixie) Dean at magic Holidays and he says he "might" be able to get us a group booking on the ferries using up the discounted slots that the IOM Steam Packet (Cost A Packet Company) sometimes offer.

Here's what you need to do:

Send a fax to David (Dixie) Dean on 01624 645643 stating that you have spoken to me about the possibility of some discounts. Give him the following information in your fax:

1) Your intended days of travel?

2) Morning or afternoon sailing?

3) Individual & combined vehicle lengths? (e.g. camper @ x metres + trailer @ y metres) + number of occupants

4) Preference for departure ports from the mainland (Heysham or Liverpool)

5) Mode of travel (Ferry or Seacat).

6) Your phone number so he can contact you with a price.

He will hopefully get back to you individually with prices. Note: If you have already booked your ferry through the Steam packet direct there may be a possibility to cancel your bookings to take advantage of an offer. It can only be worth enquiring about so would suggest you all do it anyway!

I've already Faxed my details:

1) Outward Wednesday 23rd April, return Sunday 27th April

2) Afternoon outward, morning return

3) 1 Car (up to 5.5 metres) + 1 person. 1 car (up to 5.5 metres) + 2 people + trailer (up to 5 metres)

4) Departure port from Liverpool

5) Mode of travel Seacat (2.5 hours)

If you want to travel with myself, Spencer & Matt you need to quote the same as the above.

Good Luck

Graham

:)  ???

P.S. If you want to give me a call to discuss - 01582 760226

But I did all that weeks ago and telling him there may be many others from the WSCC

I left all my contact details mobile tent size+trailer and fexible to whenever or whatever route I could get on and he said he would get back to me  :(  :(  :(   :(  :(

Do I give up yet Windy  ???  ???  ???

Don't give up yet Mark! Perhaps our PR man might like to have words with the organisers about this issue? Seems like the Steam packet are being a pain to all of us yet again. How many of you have sent faxes to Dixie so far? I'm still holding off sending my entry in until I have some answers.

Windy

Sent this email to Mandy Manton tonight. Lovely lady & very helpful so perhaps she can have some words with "Cost A Packet"

Mandy,

I'm having a lot of grief trying to get a reasonable rate from the Steam Packet on the ferry for the 3 Hills event. The information you have given me in the regs shows me package deals for ferry & accomodation booked together but not for just the ferry. I have already booked accomodation. The Steam packet are unaware the event is taking place it seems!

David (Dixie) Dean at magic Holidays is doing his best to get me a more favourable rate for the ferry but is not hopeful that he can find something. I fear that I and many others may not be able support your event because the prohibitive cost of the ferry adds a significant amount to our budgets. Currently the costs are escalating beyond £1000 for myself to compete, travel & stay on the island for the period of the event.

Could you possibly speak to the Steam Packet on behalf of the MMRC to see if they will reduce their rates?

I would love to do the event but I'm holding off sending my entry in until Dixie gets back to me. I hope I won't be too late if places are already filling up?

Best Regards

Graham Millar

Still want to do the event but my enthusiasm is diminishing somewhat  ???  :(  :angry: Lets see what happens!!!!

Windy

Windy

I know the feeling - I was all set to do it and make a weeks holiday break as well - did some numbers £ based on ferry, entry fees, campsite etc etc and I was looking at about £1500  :(  :(  :(  Seems cost a packet are monopolising  ???  :(

I spoke to Magic and they said they were unable to offer discount on ferry only, noting it was a package deal with accomodation  :(  :(  ???  :(

But I also found you can get cheaper hotels by going direct  ;)  than what they have on offer  :(

Mandy is very helpful and friendly - it does seem a shame that such a good venue and well organised event can be soured by others  :(  :(  ???

I'm giving up with it  ;)  ???  :(  :(

Dixie just got back to me in response to my fax.

Car + trailer £275

Job done, Booked!!!! :D  :D

I'm going - yipee!!!! :D  :D  :devil:

Good deal Graham - he still ain't got back to me though you smooth talker  :D  ;)  :)  methinks they don't like mobile tents  :(  ;)

I'm booked too!

Going out on Saturday - coming back following Saturday (late) - £348.00 for car & trailer.  Going to hide the small angry one on the boot - she's going to claim asylum when she gets to the IOM.

Also - have received confirmation of the entry from Mandy this morning.

Can't wait to give my new suspension the IOM bump stop test!!!