List 1a tyres for sprinting

Jon Murray

I know this has been done to death in the past, but has anyone any recommendations as to the stickiest / best tyres allowed under list 1a in a 15" rim (195 front, 205 rears).

I'm ruling out SO2's as I can't find anyone who has any.

I was thinking of going with Yoko AVS Sport's - has anyone any thoughts / experience on this?  Or is there something out there that's regarded as better?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

try some town and country's  ;)  it dose not seem that anyone has come up with a tyre to rival the so,2 yet ,or at least the competiters don't think so , i bet the tyre manufacturers would tell you different though  :0

the reason why you can not get hold of any SO,2's is because a certain welsh git has bought all the ones he can find  :0 and wrapped them in cellathine !!!!! to keep the sheep **** of em ??? that's because he keeps them in his trailer with his personal flock :devil:  :devil:  honest ocifer me dad said so ;)

There was a couple of folks started using the AVS Sports last year and considered them fine  ;)  Calling "Keith The Teeth"  :cool:  :)

Well i think the Yoko 539 is as good, as the so2s or not far of in the dry any way in the wet slightly better. Both class A and the over all speed series champ, ran Yoko 539s and many more  :)

Now wait ! and see what other people say.  :sheep:

:zzz:

Well I was going to keep it to my self, but the little guy down the road, said he could get me some rubber you know on the cheep :t-up: .

They are called "uritus" £13.00 Plus vat fitting and a vale.

Top that Avon

:sheep:

My theory is it is not new tyres my car needs it a new driver :sheep:  :sheep:  :durr:

• 2 weeks later...
the reason why you can not get hold of any SO,2's is because a certain welsh git has bought all the ones he can find   and wrapped them in cellathine !!!!! to keep the sheep **** of em  that's because he keeps them in his trailer with his personal flock     honest ocifer me dad said so  

What nobody told Smiffy was that the later SO2's were cast in their original moulds using the harder SO3 compound. This was to address wear concerns that Jo public had with the SO2 waering out so soon on road cars. Now bridgestone have this useless SO3 nobody wants - they even say so in this weeks Autocar - there's not really an alternative it seems.

Might have to go down on width to make the rubber work properly I guess. How about some 145's then???  :angry:  :p