Music download to CD

Norman Verona

Nowt wrong with Media Player, I believe the issue may be the fact it was brought from ITunes, they normally put a code on it, so that it has to be played froma  laptop at all times, therefore not being ripped repeatedly

AJ, it does copy it to the CD-R but in MP4 format. I'm trying to find something to convert it from MP4 to MP3 (is that right, I want it in MP3?)

i don't believe you want either MP3 or MP4 to listen to the music on a normal stereo

AJ, what do I need, all these MPs are confusing the hell out of me. 

As I suspected... The CD player (HiFi) will be specific.

Not used windows for about 5 years, so can't really remember how to do it on media player. But in there will be an option to what you will burn them as:

.mp3

.aac

.wav

... List goes on.

Many more recent car systems play most of them. What system have you got? What kind of age is it? From my experience 7-8 years ago (when I started copying all CD's to the PC, then putting copies in the car.) .wav play on most systems. However if it is a newer system .mp3 will play. If you can only fit 10-20 tracks it is a audio file, if you are able to fit 200-300 then it is data .mp3. Data will not play on most pre 2008 factory fitted systems. The data/audio format may also be your issue.

I hope this helps. I'll try and find a free converter for you...

Stephen

I've tried 3 converters and have now found one that works. I have an MP3 file.

The CD player is 21 years old, a Marantz. All my HiFi kit is 1992, good solid stuff.

Did they have CD's in 1992?

Are you trying to put a CD on an record player?

Blimey Norm, thats why you have been struggling then.  So have you got the CD to now play on the stereo.  Saying that I have a B&O system from the 80s

that's my body swinging from the rope hanging from the tree. This is my ghost.

Strange fruit indeed...

Two potential difficulties here:

1 some downloads from iTunes simply can not be burnt as audio CDs because of restrictions imposed by (spit) Apple

2 some 'album' downloads are too large to burn to a single cd. Try omitting one track...

If it's old, try and steer clear of .mp3 or .mp anything.

Try a .wav file and see what happens.

Just think all the used CD's would make a pretty shower curtain, nice coasters or even a good Halloween costume !

If you bought via iTunes then use that to burn the CD. Create a new playlist and copy the tracks in to it. Right click the playlist title and you get a menu. That will give you an option to burn the playlist to a CD, simples. Well that is how I do it on my Mac so it should be the same on iTunes for windows.

Ooohhh...

Sss******ttt!!!!

Get out of media player and do it from the actual file locations, I can't remember exactly how on windows, but you need to save file as a different format as you purchased it in iTunes. Then when you open the newer saved file you'll find you can play it on anything.

Pain in the A*** I know, I remember having to change all the formats on stuff I brought from iTunes! As mentioned, they don't like giving stuff away or letting people copy it. You can't even play them on other PC's or MAC's!

If you bought via iTunes then use that to burn the CD. Create a new playlist and copy the tracks in to it. Right click the playlist title and you get a menu. That will give you an option to burn the playlist to a CD, simples. Well that is how I do it on my Mac so it should be the same on iTunes for windows.

Yes!!!

That's why I removed media player and how I did it after spending ages converting them.

Used iTunes to burn CD's. sorry, not been a computer tech for 6 years now and not used windows for 5 years. Memory is all medical things and recipes for jam! All part of being in a female dominated work place!

OK, OK, I'll give it one final try. I'll have a go at copying it from Itunes.

Thanks all, and don't pick the fruit of the trees when you're here.