Music download to CD

Norman Verona

I've downloaded an album from iTunes (Amazon wouldn't let me as I have a French IP addy).

I would like to play this on my Hi-Fi system.

What's the procedure to copy it to a CD-R.

(I have burnt it on a CD-R but it wont play on my CD player)

Thanks

Depends on what software you are using to burn the music. You need to burn them as a file compatible with what your HiFi recognises. You may have put them on as a MP3 Data file, which your HiFi will not recognise.

Norm, do you have windows media player on your computer? 

Yes, media player is installed.

Cool :) 

(I'm assuming you didn't use it the first time?) 

If you open the album through windows media player, by going to the folder with the album in, highlighting all the tracks, then right click the 1st track and click open with windows media player. 

Now along the top of the screen should be play burn sync etc etc. 

Click Burn, and then in the window the right of the screen, click "Burn Now Playing" now your album should be in that window, showing as queued to play.

Now insert your blank disc and wait for windows to recognise it, once recognised, click burn! 

All being well, when it's finished it should work just fine on your hi-fi.

If this is what you have already done, then it may be that your hi-fi is too decent to play cheap copied discs, I know some are terrible for it, same with car stereos! 

If you've burned it onto a CD-R it should play Norm.  Have you tried the CD-R in the Honda player?  Might be your CD player doesn't like CD-Rs. I had this some time ago and had to source some Audio (as opposed to data) CD-Rs.  No point copying it as that will just give you MP3s on a CD and your hifi most probably won't play data files. 

Also what Stu said, try it in the car and any other players you may have :)

Norman

Just about all cd/dvd burning software will have the option to make an audio cd.

Select this option on the software you are using and the files that you burn will be cda files that wil play on a standard cd player.

I've done this for a number of clients that need mp3 files to play on a hi-fi or car cd player.

Make sure you use cd's as oppose to dvd's.

If your strugling to do this send me the mp3 files and I'll burn them to disks and post them to you.

PM me you email address and I can send you mine, plus let me know your address.

Hope this helps.

Mike

The first disc wont load into the car CD. I think it's now burning from media player but that's anyone's guess as it doesn't say what it's doing. Not all the files in my music folder are in media player but it is playing this CD. 

I'll go into a dark room and amuse myself for an hour and see what has happened after.

Thanks my little echo.

Mike, very generous but I think it's doing something as per Echo's instructions.

Many thanks for the offer, but it just isn't that important. Next time I'll buy the CD instead of downloading. 

I have a reasonably good HiFi, it is setup for optimum listening with speakers in a triangle with my armchair. 

I've just had a look and it's asking me to insert (another) recordable CD. The cd is still playing through Media Player.

I'll just give up a listen to it on my PC.

I know, thanks MIke. I'll have another go later. Is Media Player always so secretive that it doesn't say what it's doing?

OK, tried again. I dragged the album from the music folder to the right hand window in media player. I then clicked burn. It asked me to insert a recordable CDS. I did. So far this is the same as before but bthe message about inserting the CD never cleared this time it did and it showed the progress of the burn. Got tom 99% and finished and ejected the CD.

I take it to my CD player and insert it.

Error.

I've just committed suicide and that's my body swinging from the rope hanging from the tree. This is my ghost.

Norman

Don't use Microsoft software, It's S***.

Use my sugestion re burning software.

If you have access to a machine running Ubuntu this job will take about ten mins at the most ,if that.

Mike