2007 Megabusa 1400cc for sale - SOLD

timbo7

Have built and owned many many Westfield and Caterhams from new. This is the longest car I have ever owned....this very fact says just how special it is :-)

Update - have listed the specification as the link has expired.

SEiW Westfield 1400cc Megabusa.

I am the 1st owner having bought as complete kit less engine.

Chassis specification
Lowered floor both driver and passenger side
Interior panels powder coated black
Full 'Caged' roll cage. MSA homologated 2148.
Carbon pack
Race seats with black piping
Westfield 4 point 3" racing harnesses
Detachable rear wheel arches
Quick steering rack 1.5:1
5 3/4" black headlamps
4 piston powerlite front calipers
Lightwieght VW golf aluminium rear calipers
Freelander 3.21 limited slip differential with quaife ATB.
Bailey Morris resilient tube 2 piece driveshaft.
15" Caterham anthracite alloys.
Toyo R888 medium compound. 215/50 rear and 205/50 front. I have just fitted a brand new set of rear tyres. Infact these are the first replacement tyres I have had to purchase sinse I built it)
Smoked westfield aerosreen
Play skool fully adjustable front and rear antiroll bars
Westfield AP brake master cylinder
Wide track aerofoil front suspension with quick camber adjustment
Protech adjustable front and rear shocks
Battery master switch

Engine specification
Engine was a standard 1300 GSXR 2003 model wifh 5200 miles on the clock.
Modified manual cam tensionner
Wet sup with modified baffle.
In 2010 this was converted to 1398cc large bore.
The overbore parts where supplied by Jack at Holeshot Engineering.
New Nickel sealed barrells
CP 84mm bore forged pistons 12.5:1 compression
Kent reprofiled cam
Uprated duplex cam springs and caps
New cam chain
Cometic headgasket
Barnett clutch plates and springs.
Electronic gear change indicator driven from gear sensor
Winter 2012 I removed the cams to check and shim tappets. Clearances have been set to 8 thou both inlet and exhaust. I am very fussy so this took time to get spot on. I re-timed the cams using lift on overlap. Oil is changed religiously 2x a year.
Power commander 3 PC3 USB
Hayabusa bike clocks. These are wired with all functons operational. The speedo is both in km and imperial and reads accurately through a speedo healer set up. the result is a vey compact dash layout that is fully operational.
The engine has been run and set up on the dyno.
Peak power increased from 151 to 184 at the rear wheels (this is not a flywheel figure). Torque increased from 94 to 113 lbf. The difference was amazing. The engine makes a really throaty growl on cam. The pull from low revs is astonishing for a bike engine.

I have covered 5650 miles in the car sinse I built it. It has performed faultlessly. In the last 2 years I have not had the opportunity to use the car as much. I used the car in 3 sprints and total track days amounting to about 5 from new in 2007. In fact in 2012 I covered just 385 miles. This year the car has been on the road for just one outing. 90% of it's use has been road based. It is covered when not used in my heated garage. The car was wax oiled underneath from new.
MOT expires 25/06/2014
I have all the receipts for the above parts to prove.
Evey se7en i have owned (I think 8 at the last count) has found a new home on the mainland so I can provide quite a number of references if required.

Price: £13000

I can vouch for this car, quality bit of kit, ahh if I had the money. You building again Tim?

Aidan

• 1 month later...

Are you sure that the chassis is megabusa / has lowered floors?  I didn't think factory offered this option on the mega chassis.

Oh and good luck with the sale

Regards

David

• 2 months later...

Nice!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.