Competition Numbers

Graham.J

Ello,

Got my 'Blue Book' last week and have been browsing through it and came to the bit on competition numbers.

It states that the numbers have to have a MINIMUM stroke of 3.8cm and a height of 23cm. I bought a pack of numbers from demon tweeks and just measured them and the stroke is 3.5cm and the height is 22.9cm (i'm not really fussed about the height as that can be stretched to reach 23, but nearly 5mm on the stroke, are the scrutineers really fussy ???

Also I was thinking of putting the numbers 200212218325362995025967.jpg

Would this be allowed as I think the exhaust my block some of the bottom of the numbers?

Cheers

Graham

Take a look at my avatar  ;)  :)  :D  I use white 9 inch (229mm) high numbers from Demon Thieves and locate them as your intentions - As long as numbers are clear on a contrasting background you'll be fine  ;)  :)

Some hillclimb circuits such as Shelsley ask for an additional set of numbers on the nose / top of the car so officials can see who's who from their high position on the embankments  ;)  :)  :D

Cheers Mark,

I'm hopefully getting a mini-sponsorship deal from my local sticker making company as they sponsor my best friend for Sidecar Speedway for numbers etc, I bought the first pack from DT but will get them to do complete duplicates of them.

Cheers again, Merry Christmas  :xmas:  :D

I found that the pack of numbers from Demon was only about £13 and got me through about 12 to 15 events a season with plenty left over  :D  :)  ;)

One pack of Demon Tweeks numbers, and one roll of Fablon looks like lasting me all last season, and probably all next season as well. I also mount my numbers under the doors, and yes the lower portion is nearly always slightly obscured, but no-one has complained yet. The only real thing to consider is that numbers "have to be acceptable to the timekeepr of the day", so find out where he's sitting, and make sure he can see 'em............

I'm pretty sure none of the scrutineers I have come across would be able to spot a 0.1cm difference in number height (puh-leeze).............although, come to think of it, there might be one......... :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

although, come to think of it, there might be one.........      

Nope there's two ......

One is far more interested in reading your chassis number asking for paperwork, than if you got a loose nut  ;)  :)  :D

and you've gotta go to Ty Croes

cos the other sad scruter doesn't look at anything other than how many throttle return springs you got - and it's never enough  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :)  :arse:  :arse:  :sheep:

Thanks everyone, but erm Blatters.....  what's Fablon

:love: ........my god, man, have you never watched Blue Peter? The sight of Valerie Singleton's sensual  fingers caressing a toilet roll, then giggling while she slowly peels the backing off a sheet of sticky-backed-plastic……

??? Fablon?

;) Fabshagtastically erotic that’s what I call it……………..

Scott, yes and no, the fabulous Tim Duncan (www.just-the-one.net) is going to be making me one so yes I have on in the pipeline so to speak but no I don't have it at the moment. :D

Thor, I'm too young to remember Valerie Singleton's erotic :0 feelings of the aforementioned 'Fablon'

Was that sticky-backed-plastic I heard you say.......I know what that is  :)  :sheep:

How many others use fablon over their numbers, or is it just blatman?

Ta

:xmas:

Lots of folk. However, I don't use it over the numbers, I cut numbers out of it when I've only got one left, and Grand Prix Racewear is shut/out of stock...............You can get it from B&Q.........