Scammoden

Ian Podmore

I was wondering where Scammoden was.  Have tried a search but no luck.

Is it is Yorkshire?

Most definately  ;)  Just up the motorway from Saddleworth Moor  :(  :(  :(

The M62 about 1000 yards from the sign saying The highest Motorway in England - you'll see Scammonden D a m and a large reservoir  ;)  :)

Take your unbrella  :D  :D  :D

and maybe a 5 ton weight to hold your tent down  :D  :p  :D  :)

Hello Linds - great there innit

If your one of the girlie southerners i.e south of sheffield. U will need to bring your Passport to enter the Republic of Yorkshire  ;). Don't forget to bring something to keep u warm. we know how upset u southern woofters get if its below freezing, 90mph gales, and rain that falls sideways.

Also be careful as the M62 is cobbled so drop those tyre pressures 10 psi. Plus if you have the bottle to stop overnight LOCK YOUR Doors/tent flaps :0(Bingley is only 7miles away :0  :p).... If your not local... beware :().

At least its not as bad as the darkside.... you know over the Pennines in Lancashire :p apparently they've twinned Lancashire with the East Midlands :(  :(   God help us all!!!!

Buzz :p

Also - take a sheet of heavy duty plastic with you if you are staying overnight.  

There are some very strange trees at sunny scammy - that grow carrier bags full of breath monster pavement pizza.  So if you pitch under a tree - it is wise to cover your tent with plastic.

Agree with Linds about the sheep**** - even gets under your visor to slatter your face.  Great fun getting that off after a days racing.

If you need any help with parking your trailer - Ash Mason is your man!

I distinctly remember what I said after trying to recover my car and trailer that day and will probably be sent to #### as a result. And to finish the day off I drove all the way home with the trailer brakes on.

What fun we had  :p  :D  ;)  :D  :)  :p  it all looks like a long ago moist memory  ;)  :blush:  :D  :p  :)  Warm sunny July  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

What fun we had  :p  :D  ;)  :D  :)  :p  it all looks like a long ago moist memory  ;)  :blush:  :D  :p  :)

Are we taking about the hotel you sneaked off to? :0

I did not sneak off to any hotel - I joyfully drove there without any delay or hesitation - where-upon I found a bar still serving beer.

The bar was very warm and DRY  :D  ;)  :D  :)  and without sheep leaving there deposits to step or drive through.

The bl**** wind and rain lashing against the hotel window woke me up at 3 am for at least 30 seconds  :devil:  :D  :)  :D  :p

Naaa mate u can't beat been upto your elbows in sheep ****e,160mph driving rain showers that come in sideways.plus it was that lazy type of rain shower, you know the one's that go right thro' you and not round  :D

If you didn't like the brisk fresh Yorkshire night air you could always retire into the excutive tunnel :D

twas a wonderful evening finishing around midnight where upon I was blown back to Kylie Castle, that wonderful 36 bedroomed tent that has been in the Billsberry dynasty for many millenia.I handed my empty can of Stella to the butler and retired to the Manogue suite,I slumdered 'til about 5 am  where I was awoken by this unmissable desire to wee.

Unfortunately Kylie Castle dosen't have any indoor crap traps so I ventured into the brisk early Scommonden morning dew and I stood in a pile of sheep ****e , by this time the Stella had begun to wear off . I then realised I was stood in the coldest place in the whole universe... In my trolley's,stood in sheep ****e and peeing into the wind, of course by this time my gonads had disappeared in to my body.

And the moral of this story is ...Book a hotel room!!!!! :(  :( its f**king freezing @ Scammonden ???  ???  :(  :(

Buzz :blush:

of course by this time my gonads had disappeared in to my body.

buzz i had heard that they never dropped  ;)  :love:  :blush:

oh yes and has kyleth appeared again yet puss sucka  :0

For 2003 the event is in July and we have been assured of warm dry sunny weather  :D  :)  :D  ;)  almost a heatwave  :durr:  :durr:  :sheep:  :D  ;)

somewhere in the world anyway  :D  ;)