Locost Racing 2003

DickieB

Well, I can now reveal that I'm not buying Gibbo's car.  ;)  As of a few hours ago, I am now the proud (?) owner of a Locost racer. I've got my "Go Racing" pack from the MSA (which is really rather good), and my ARDS course is booked for 4 Dec at Silverstone  :D

So, I know some of you have been thinking of going racing - anyone fancy joining me?!?

More importantly, anyone want to buy my Westfield?

Also, anyone got a reliable Transit type van for sale?

Just for a laugh, anyone fancy sponsoring me? Please?

I'll still be entering the Speed Series - I'd miss you guys too much - can't believe the camaraderie will be the same elsewhere. I don't hold out much hope of winning anything with only a 1300cc engine!

See you all soon

Richard Brown

Well, I can now reveal that I'm not buying Gibbo's car.  

Spoilsport  :devil:  That means we're down to only 4 that have it stowd in their garage  :D  :devil:  :)

Good Luck on the circuit - see you next season  :D  :)  :p  ;)  :D  :xmas:

Locost aren't they insects that swarm across vast open plains eating everything sight :D So do u just saddle them up and dangle a hand full of wheat in front of them!! :0  :D

Good luck bud

Sponsorship nice one :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Buzz :(

Hope you like Carrot cake  :devil:  :D  :p  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Richard,

For a suitable Transit, try looking on the www.karting.co.uk website. There's a for sale section and lots of vans that have been converted for motorsport are for sale there.

John

PS - and for god sake, dont buy a car with Stuart Taylor suspension. The bushes wont move properly  :( Send me a PM if you want me to advise one someone who can help with the preparation of championship winning LoCosts

Dickie,

Congrats on your move across to eyeball-to-eyeball racing :)

But ...after getting used to your sprint car's power (I think it was Toyota, wasn't it, you did mention it ONCE I think!;) you're gonna be bending the throttle pedal of your single-carb 1300 Xflow clean thru' the bulkhead :D

There are some challenging requirements in the Locost Tech Regs, 'por exemplo':

Cl. 5.6.1 (3)

"The engine and transmission must be fitted with a windscreen or aeroscreen in a normal upright position. " ???

Good luck with the 'first corners' of each race: Did you see the girl presenter on Discovery H&L having a bash at Locost racing? If I were you I'd fit a back bumper off a V8 Stock car :0

I'd still like the chance of a season at it tho' :)

Cheers Gary

You should know that all Crossflows should have aeroscreens - helps redirect all that leaking oil!!!!

No idea how I'm going to finance it - just hope I don't hit anything, nor them me! WIthout damage I'll be OK. With damage it'll have to be a new mortgage!!! Still, it's now or never.

Richard

Gary

Your signature block reminded me!

AAAAAAAARGH - I'm back to 8 valve technology (if that's not abusing the word technology).  Robbo, where are you????

Dickie B

I'd better get the mobile tent ready for Mallory and Donington then  :p  :D  :)  :devil:  ;)  :p  :D  in 2003

Welcome back to the world of the X-flow !!!

Now we are bath equiped with 8 valve technology let battle commence, on a level playing field.

Look forward to coming to have a watch next year and seeing you on a few rounds.

Rob.

Top tip.  If you don't want a X-flow to leak don't put any oil in it.

Your photo looks like it's got even less valves than my new 8. Still, 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel - looks good to me! I guess we'll drive anything.

Dickie,

Well done for taking that big step into circuit racing you lucky thing - im totally green with envy.

I'll definately come along to watch a few races.

Camouflage colour scheme by any chance ??

See you in 2003

Regards

Linds