3 Hills - IOM 2003

Hi All,

I have a copy of the latest IOM accomodation guide - and have been doing a bit of phonig around in preparation for next years visit.  

The general upshot is that everywhere offering self catering accomodation (cottages and the like) will only hire them out on a weekly basis - which makes it seem expensive until I realised that (on average) the week works out at about £80.00 each for 4/6 sharing a cottage.

My favourite cottages are part of Ballachrink Farm in Laxey - good position for the 3 hills.  The owner is a member of the Manx Motor Club and has offered us the whole facility - which comprises 5 cottages, as much private parking as we need, a huge barn with an inspection pit etc etc...  

If we can fill the place (16 of us) - he will negotiate the rate with me - but we should budget for the £80 - 90 each mark as a starting point.  This does not include the ferry crossing of course!!

The purpose of this mail is to ask you to register your interest in this accomodation please.

You can view the accomodation at   www.iomcottages.com/iom      this is a "pre-release" site that he is preparing for publi release on Dec 1st - so the prices are indicative only.

Let me know what you think - The small angry woman and I will be staying there anyway - would be good to have some company!

Paul Edden.  (0771 288 1118)

Watbox "1 car or 2"?

Paul looking to see if i have any pennys left after crimbo!! :xmas:

Wotbox - thanks.  I assume you are planning to bring the delightful Jen with you?  After all - somebody has to feed us and make the beds.

Duck - assume your lack of pennies for Crimbo has something to do with your purchase of the tango mobile from the breath monster?  You need to do the IOM matey - too good to miss!

Paul.

count me in mr edden  :D are you bringing the small angry one  :0  ;) i like a cuddle before i go to sleep at night  :) its a comfort thing  :0  :)  ;)

:(  :(  I'm gonna have an extended long weekend and go up to Jockhill  :p  :D  ;)  :)

Then drive back down to Stoneleigh  :(

Have fun on the IOM  ;)  :D

spam boy i will see ya up at jockhill  :D i was going to do that instead of the IOM but stuff it ill do both  :D  :arse:

bl**** Ell "Knuckles"

Thursday 24th April Sloc Hillclimb

Friday 25th April Creg-ny-baa Hillclimb

Saturday 26th April Lerghy Frissel Hillclimb

and then

Saturday 3rd May Knockhill Sprint

That is some serious travelling  :D  ;)  :)  Suppose you're gonna try and do Ollys Mount on Sunday 4th May as well  :D  :)

Better get the fridge cooling the Stella and bacon butties sorted then  ;)  :D  :)

If I miss ya - I'll see you at Stoneleigh on Sunday 4 May  :D  ;)  :)

I had a choice drive at IOM or watch and drink at Le Mans - Le Mans won  ;)  :D  :)

Hi there

Am planning the IoM visit in July 2003 (7th July - 11th) so will be very interested in hiring out the accomodation!

So far have got 12 interested Westie owners so we might be able to do it!

Cheers for the info

Kevin

Kevin, (Alias "Hogman")

Remember to mention where you got the phone number from when you call - this will give both of us more bargaining power hopefully.  Let me know how you get on please.

Regards

Paul.

count me in mr edden  :D are you bringing the small angry one  :0  ;) i like a cuddle before i go to sleep at night  :) its a comfort thing  :0  :)  ;)

Are you saying my wife is "comfortable" ??!!  You are a brave man - considering she will be sitting next to you on Wednesday -  with a fork in her hand.  

She may be small - but god, can she get angry!  You don't know the half of it - the constant belittling, the endless chores around the house, the washing up, the mangle - oh yes, the mangle - get her to tell you what she does with that Stevie boy!!

Prepare yourself breath monster

ok you talked me out of it  :(  you can cuddle me to sleep  ;)

Paul,

I'm definitely interested. If we need to book a full week is it still possible to stay for just a few days (Wed - Sat night inclusive) at this cost?

Sod the catering bit - we'll eat out like we did last time I'm sure!

Graham

Windy,

The owner doesn't mind when we turn up - but we still have to pay for the week.

I did try to negotiate a "preferrential" price based on the fact that most of us would only need the accomodation for the latter part of the week.  I suppose you have to understand the guy's position when he refused - as he could probably let these properties ten times over on the "normal" holiday market.

Talking of holidays - the small angry one and I are making this a bit of a break by going out on the Sunday previous.  It is great to thrash around the TT circuit when it is quite!!!  How about joining us for a (non competitive of course) couple of days off?  You will need big mirrors to watch out for the bright red westie crawling all over your tail !!

Regards

Paul.

(Staffordman is my works PC log-in by the way) :devil: